Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Handlebar Length
  • dandan
    Free Member

Just wondering on what peoples opinions are on bar lengths.

For trail riding is 710mm too long?

Is 650mm too short, orange five comes with 650mm length bars, are these too short for peaks/lake district natural down hills?

cheers

steve_b77
    Free Member

I've got 711's on my Helius CC and 685's on my Handjob.

711's can be a bit wide for tight single track and some bridges

clubber
    Free Member

There's no real answer. Try and see what you like. I don't like anything wider than 26"/660mm myself.

nickc

Should this not be width? 🙂

685mm Uncut Easton Monkey-lite low rise, are the perfect size and shape*

*For me, others will have different opinions….

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I know theres a trend for longer bars at the moment, but the only time I've tried longer than 660mm's I kept getting hooked up on trees in my local woods!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was hitting the bars on a bit of singletrack yesterday and they are 630 wide. Generally they feel a bit narrow tho – 660 is good for me. Got some 700 on the tandem – the extra leverage is helpful but as I have narrow shoulders they are less comfy than the narrow ones

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have 760s on my HT and at times they a a bit too long like bashing trees when trying to squeeze between them but the rest of the time more than makes up for that.

750s on my FS love them too.

Coleman
    Free Member

560's on mine. Ooeer missus!

br
    Free Member

I always think of bars as wide, rather than long…

And 711mm for me, but I do have wide shoulders.

clubber
    Free Member

I have wide shoulders but still don't find wide bars comfortable. Feels like I'm riding a crucifix!

Andituk
    Free Member

I like my 710mm Fatboys.

There is a bridge at Rivi thats about 715mm wide though, which requires nerves of steel 😀

brakes
    Free Member

Easton standard 685mm (27") for me
    on the big bike this feels fine, but on the smaller bike it's a bit wide and I've been toying with the idea of knocking off an inch
    probably because I ride on road bar drops most of the time
    30" is just ridiculous

PJM1974
    Free Member

I'm using 711mm bars and they're just fine, not too wide to thread through woodland and they have plenty of leverage.

My other bike has 620mm bars which feel way too narrow and twitchy now, but at least if you buy wider bars you can cut them to fit.

*edit* 760mm Nukeproofs have just arrived in the post.

Rockplough
    Free Member

745mm Sunlines here. A bit bonkers but they do feel much better than the 685mm Eastons I had before. Haven't clipped an end yet but do need to watch out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Handlebar Length’ is closed to new replies.