Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Handlebar issues | advice/help required
  • solman
    Free Member

So I’ve had two handlebars in the last 12 months. The first one was a RaceFace Atlas 725mm and the current one is an Answer Taper Pro 720mm.

With both the heel of my palms get numb after an hour of riding. Particularly with the Answer I just can’t seem to get the positioning right.

I’ve tried two stem lengths – 70mm and 60mm. I’ve also tried different types of grips to alleviate pressure with no luck.

I’m 6ft and ride a Yeti ASR5 (large).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

druidh
    Free Member

Have you tried different sweep, rise, stem height?

wwaswas

Did you try Ergon grips?

solman
    Free Member

druidh – yes the two bars are different sweep and rise. Stem height now, I’ll give it a go.

Ergon grips – no I havent tried those yet.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

sounds daft, but brake lever angle too high?

Used to do it for me

officialtob
    Free Member

Gel padded gloves work for me 🙂

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Having similar problems myself. Trying ergon grips at the moment but not feeling much better tbh! Not sure if flat wide bars or something with more sweep will be my next step! Any one reccomebd bars with more than usual sweep but not crazy like on one/h bars etc?

mafiafish
    Free Member

Syntace do 11 or 12 degree wide bars, you can pick them up from many of teh german sites or on ebay sometimes.

legend
    Free Member

rhyswilliams3 –
    sounds daft, but brake lever angle too high?
    Used to do it for me

This and lever reach should be looked at first. Get your levers in as far as you can get away with and see how that feels

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Handlebar issues | advice/help required’ is closed to new replies.