Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Handle bar decisions…..
  • stewbaccason

How do the STW collective decide on what size bars to get?

Currently I’m running 770mm with a 35mm rise.
    I was thinking about a 760mm with a 20 or 30 mm rise.
    Is there a big difference between the feel of the different rise?

prawny

I have gone with the method of riding the bars that came with the bike and seeing how I get on.

Had a long stem and narrow bars, didn’t like that, so swapped for 60mm stem and 780mm low rise bars.

Next bike had higher rise 760mm bars and 60mm stem, but was 650b rather than 29″ so the front end was low enough and I left them on.

Newest bike has 740mm bars and 50mm stem, only ridden it twice, but I didn’t die, and quite liked not getting stuck between tress.

TL;DR version – try some, that are the right price and look nice, only swap if you don’t get on with them?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Currently I’m running 770mm with a 35mm rise.
    I was thinking about a 760mm with a 20 or 30 mm rise.

Can you not remove one or two 5mm spacer(s) from below your stem and move the grips inboard by 5mm each end?

poah
    Free Member

800mm, 30mm rise, 35mm stem

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’d happily have 800mm bars but stick at 760 to clear trees whilst out riding.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I ride what I have, or what comes on the bike and then play with other bars that I have in the shed in different riding situations.

Was riding 750mm low rise over 160mm 36’s a couple of years ago. I now ride 140mm forks and found that I prefer a little rise now so currently using 785 – 35mm raceface bars.

It’s good if you and your mates have a few spare handlebars to play around with.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Handle bar decisions…..’ is closed to new replies.