Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • handjob/soul
  • pondy
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one of the above, they both seem to be around the same size. Im 5 11 and 32.5 ” inner leg, unsure what size to go for, medium or large? Anybody with either frame with a similar body size to me?

Speshpaul

6ft and a large Soul.

matther01
    Free Member

I was 5’8 and got a med Soul and was too big. I would say med…but speak to Cotic

Northwind

I’m 5’10 and had assorted medium Cotics and one small- I think you could go with either tbh, and the Soul has a pretty compact triangle so the big consideration’s going to be reach rather than height/standover. But I think if I was you, medium.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I’ve had a medium handjob, medium cotic bfe and simple. All were good and i’m 5’10.

rudedog
    Free Member

I’m 5 11 and had a medium handjob which felt spot on. My wife has a small bfe which does feel I bit small for me but still rideable

jekkyl

My wife gave me a small handjob but It wasn’t enough for me and i requested a large handjob, She asked me to make sure I got a large stiffee before she gave me a handjob, otherwise she would have never agreed. Nowadays she prefers my el guapo and let me tell you we’re all the better for it.

radrob
    Free Member

^^^^^ hahaha love it

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m 6′ with a 33.5″ I/L and had a 19″ Handjob which I never really gelled with.

I swapped it for a medium (17.5″) Soul which was instant full blown love affair in comparison. Right from the first ride. So much fun, really easy to flick about.

It initially felt ‘short’ (90mm stem & Thomson layback pin). After almost 7 years now it feels perfect (70mm stem and 711 bars).

Cotic website will point you to medium (Cy was pretty adamant I’d be a medium when I asked the same question).

In fact I’m so convinced the medium was the right size I’ve bought three medium Cotic frames since…. 😳

rj
    Free Member

I’m 5’7 and rode a medium hj, which pretty much spot on.

brooess
    Free Member

5’11 here with 33 inside leg. Medium Soul with 70mm and layback seatpost. Cy firmly recommended medium (well worth a chat with him) and it’s been spot on

CustardCream

5’9″ and ride a Medium Handjob. Perfect, love it.

Incidently, as much as I love the Cove, I have often considered getting a Cotic Soul.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has had both.
    Are they too similar to bother swapping?

The Soul has a great reputation, I keep thinking about it..

FOG

5′ 10/11ish and very happy with medium Soul. I do think I am at the top end of the size range though .

johnners
    Free Member

I don’t agree with FOG^, I’m 6ft and a bit and am very happy on a medium Soul. 90mm stem and a lOT of seatpost out though.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I am 5’11 and ride a Large.

Doesn’t really till you much does it?

I think you got to ask yourself if you like a long toptube or have long arms/upper body.

I went large as recommended by a few people I could do with a bike with a long toptube, The soul frame is compact so stand over height be no issues. (I run a 90mm stem for gen xc/riding)

I do have a large you can swing you leg over if your in/near Wiltshire.

pondy
    Free Member

I just got my other half to measure my hight again and I can add another 3/4″ 😀 just a tad under 6 ft. Following the cotic guide I am on the upper end of the med and lower end of a large. I have a medium hemlock, its a med, the seat tube is 17.5″ but that’s from top to centre of chain stay pivot, top to centre of bb is19″. Top tube is 23.25 with a 70mm stem.

A large soul is a 19″ seat tube so much the same and a 24″ top, and I have a 60 mm stem so will work out around the same. The bike is mainly going to be used in the winter on ,my local trails, its completely flat, no climbs, no downhills, just mile after mile of smoothish windy single track, lots of long rides in the saddle, also used for road commute to work. Have found a large soul for £150 posted which is Inn good nick

Kit
    Free Member

I’m same height and inside leg as the OP, and rode a medium (17.5″) Handjob for 4 years. I loved it, but it was really short and I was a pit ‘perched’ on it. I think the large would have been a better size, but in the end I went for a totally different bike 🙂 I’ve been tempted with a Soul, and would probably go with a medium.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/7uYXcx]Cove in Snow[/url] by Ginger F0x, on Flickr

johnners
    Free Member

TBH, though I’ve a medium Soul I’m pretty sure I’d be just as happy on a large. You can never have too much ballroom, mind.

DezB
    Free Member

5″10.5 😉 . Got a medium Handjob. Its on the limit of the smallest size frame i could ride.

@Jekkyl – i tried your wife’s Hummer and it was perfect. She said she had a large G-Spot, but I couldn’t find it.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I’m 5-8 and a small handjob is bang on for me

I’ve had 3 of the things I like them that much, I prefare it to a cotic soul I had.

muzzle
    Free Member

5’10” with a 17.5″ Handjob. It’s fine for me although I have seatpost at max height. If I was 5’11” as you are, I think it might be verging on the small side.

Edit: although having read your post again, it’d appear that we have the same leg size, so a 17.5″ may be OK for you too.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

CustardCream – Member
    5’9″ and ride a Medium Handjob. Perfect, love it.

Incidently, as much as I love the Cove, I have often considered getting a Cotic Soul.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has had both.
    Are they too similar to bother swapping?

I used to have a large 19″ Soul, now I have a 21″ HandJob. The Soul was lighter but too small for me, I had so much exposed seatpost it was prone to bouncing.

Interestingly/surprisingly, the HandJob has a 1 degree slacker headtube and a 1 degree steeper seattube. I think I can tell a positive difference although maybe, having measured it, it’s just in my head.

I wouldn’t have bothered swapping if it weren’t for the size issue.

Hope this helps.

slackboy

I”m 6’1 and ride a large Soul. Its just right for me but I don’t have a lot of seat post showing. If I was any shorter I’d go for a medium

johnhe

6 foot tall and ride a medium BFe. I certainly wouldn’t want any bigger, but YMMV of course.

backinireland
    Free Member

Sex jokes aren’t funny.
    I mean cum on people.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’m 6′ with a 33.5″ I/L and had a 19″ Handjob which I never really gelled with.

I swapped it for a medium (17.5″) Soul which was instant full blown love affair in comparison. Right from the first ride. So much fun, really easy to flick about.

I’m pretty sure if you’d bought a 17.5″ HJ you’d have found that easy to flick about too… 🙂

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Same size as op and medium soul with a 70mm stem felt very long coming from riding medium specializeds. Very happy with it after adapting and fettling with the saddle and bar height but would definitely not go bigger.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure if you’d bought a 17.5″ HJ you’d have found that easy to flick about too…

Hehe Teeto, true, to a point. Except a) cove sizes in inch increments and b) the ETT of Cotic medium and Cove 19″ are within a few mm of each other making them both ‘my size’. I’ve ridden an 18″ Hummer (same geo I think) and it was definitely too small (short) for my liking.

And ‘didn’t gel’ was speaking euphemistically. I bought it as a replacement for a (nicked) Explosif. I just didn’t get on with it at all, disliked it. The final insult was when the coke can thin top tube got bashed in (admittedly my fault for a no speed off on to a tree stump) and I was scared that it was going to fold on me.

But the OP was asking about sizing so I decided an anti Cove rant would be of little benefit or relevance. Damn me for trying to be balanced and objective… 😉

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘handjob/soul’ is closed to new replies.