Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hand luggage recommendation
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m going to be traveling for work a bit and could do with a new piece of hand luggage. Rough requirements are I need to carry laptop, phone, e-reader, cables, chargers, travel docs, some toiletries maybe one change of clothes in case of lost luggage and my bike helmet as I’ll have riding kit with me for a few rides I should be able to fit in.

What do people recommend?

km79
    Free Member

Osprey Farpoint 40

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Timbuk2 Large in plain black.

Doubles up as a work bag/day trip bag at the other end.

DrJ

North Face Surge. Holdsi loads, easy to carry

benp1

It’s the helmet that’s a problem. Helmets are quite bulky so might fit, but not in the wrong bag

I prefer soft bags and travel hand luggage only, but once clothes/shoes/laptop/notebook are in there a normal helmet might be a problem. A roadie helmet is smaller, folding helmet would fit fine though

atlaz
    Free Member

I tend to strap the road helmet on the outside or hang it from the strap at a push. I’ve seen, for example, Rapha have a backpack with loops for helmet straps which is acceptable.

kilo

I use a soft sided hold-all I bought at uniqlo I think it was seven quid, seems to work fine.

atlaz
    Free Member

Problem is that’s not easy to take into meetings on arrival. Something with some division between stuff stops me pulling my spare pants out with my laptop.

thepurist

Osprey + 1 – MrsP has one, very adaptable bit of kit.

atlaz
    Free Member

Also… CFH, a courier bag? With those shoes?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep.

Footwear in to LHR this morning was a pair of Dubarry Kerry boots, if that’s OK.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*glitchy*

atlaz
    Free Member

either getting the chrome vega transit or hightower. Similar bags, both convertible as backpacks and normal carry bags. Size is the main difference.

nickc

I’ve a Osprey Farpoint 80 which I’ve used once (cheekily probably) as hand luggage, great bit of kit.

involver
    Free Member

stops me pulling my spare pants out with my laptop

Packing cubes make it easy to avoid that issue with any bag. Also good for keeping your bag tidy.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Always used my Chrome courier bag as it’s is deceptively massive and I’ve never had a problem taking it on board even with Ryanair.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Eastpak Transverz S

As always

ElShalimo

Anyone know the internal dimensions of the Osprey Farpoint 40??

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hand luggage recommendation’ is closed to new replies.