Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hand held torch / searchlight recommendations?
  • downshep

Looking to buy my dad a rechargeable hand held searchlight or large torch for his boat. Must be reasonably powerful and fairly robust. Drawn to LEDs for obvious reasons but can’t go the DX route due to delivery times.

Anyone any experience of UK suppliers capable of supplying something worthwhile for under £50?

Cheers in advance.

willard

Have you considered a 12v Lightforce? I use one for nighttime rabbit shooting and the beam goes a very long way. As long as he has a 12v socket, he should be sorted. the 170 versions should be about that price range and has a lot of power.

downshep

Lightforce looks good but is a bit pricey and couldn’t be used once ashore. It really needs to be self contained.

z1ppy

Can’t guarantee it for you, but DX delivery times are ‘usually’ 10 working days. The extreme waits you get for the Magicshine bike lights (october onwards really), should not affected this…

Try Ebay for a P7 torch or even a wanted ad on here, I bought 2 the year before the MS bike light came out, as did plenty of other ppl (too useful for me to sell). There still in perfect nick, even the batteries have lasted well, so there a good chance ppl will want to sell em, as there not as convenient to fit on a bike (in a stable form) as the MS bike light units

Cougar

+1 for Led Lenser, I’m enjoying their work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hand held torch / searchlight recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.