Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hamsterley trails
  • centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Does anyone know the situation at Hamsterley at the moment, thinking of nipping up, but last I heard several of the good bits were closed/under repair. Is it worth going?

gazc
    Free Member

the newly revamped/dumbed down (depending on your trail preference/opinion) pikes teeth is open, so as far as i know all the red/black trails are open. some of the off piste stuff was boggy a few weeks ago but looks like it’ll be drying out now. enjoy!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

miketually
    Free Member

The trees around Star Wars have been felled, so there’s a diversion around those.

legolam
    Free Member

I was there yesterday. The only bits of official trail that are shut are Root 666 and Star Wars. The diversion around them is signposted.

You could almost describe Hamsterley as dry and dusty at the moment – yesterday’s ride was ace!

miketually
    Free Member

You could almost describe Hamsterley as dry and dusty at the moment

Bloody hell 😉

legolam
    Free Member

I did say “almost”…

teethgrinder

Hoping it stays windy today so it’ll be drier for tomorrow after work.

grum
    Free Member

What are the DH trails at Hamsterley like for mortals on AM bikes? Worth a 3-4 hour round trip for an uplift day?

For reference my answer to this question for Antur Stiniog would be yes. 🙂

gazc
    Free Member

grum the northern downhill enduro used a few of the lesser used dh tracks – plenty of people using am bikes. the main dh lines are great too and imo ok for mid travel bikes. pretty much all in tree cover so mostly rooty with a fair few rock gardens and drop offs thrown in

grum
    Free Member

Thanks gaz – sounds like it’s definitely worth a try.

miketually
    Free Member

The Hamsterley Riders group is worth checking for trail updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamsterley/

nosedive
    Free Member

I found some of the hamsterley downhill trails challenging on a trail bike with my limited skills. There are plently of ways down the hill though and they arent all mad so it is well worth a visit. Folks on the bus will give you advice as well. Friendly bunch in my experience

nosedive
    Free Member

Double post edit

teethgrinder

Friendly bunch

Unless you park in their car park :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley trails’ is closed to new replies.