Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hampshire / West Sussex – whats riding nicely
  • garage-dweller

Where’s riding well this week?

With a young family I normally ride after work and don’t get much chance to ride at weekends. But on Sunday I have a rare opportunity for a few hours daytime riding while wife and son are out doing something else. Therefore I ideally want something that’ll make the most of my day.

Thougts are leaning towards
    -Lordswood
    -QE Park (which I reckon could be a slippery nightmare after recent rain)
    -S Downs round Kingley Vale / North of Chichester

Taff
    Free Member

South Downs and Kingley Vale are riding fine not been up to QE for a few weeks but the new trails aren’t bedded in so a bit like hard work.

superfli
    Free Member

Kingley riding very well. I’m riding there tomorrow. Qe is hard work, but worth the effort and good fitness. I’m digging trails there sunday

scottfitz
    Free Member

+1 KV riding well.
    Whiteways was running very well Wednesday night.
    Qe muddy but fun, was there last night.
    Lordswoods- some of the fireroads are fecked up but most of the singletrack is still fine.

lucien

Mate went to LW this morning, slop fest from the ride report I recieved.

NF dry in patches if you know where to look, other parts are submersed 😥

slackalice
    Free Member

Rode QE yesterday afternoon and it’s a lil slippery. Good fun though and really liking the new bits of trail!

Unable to make this weekend trail maintenance, but hopefully will be there for the Feb days. Big thank you to all those who have put the time and effort in thus far!

garage-dweller

Thanks. Think it might be s downs then. I had fancied LW but sounds like a trip into soton might not be the way to go if its all sloppy.

mattbee

Rode L/Wood Thurs eve as usual, bit muddy in places but most of singletrack is quite firm. Don’t know if you know it well but I know some locals will be out and about in the morning.

Taff
    Free Member

Not long been back from a ride. KV was pretty dry but the rest of it stanstead,west dean, sdw were hard going!

eranu
    Free Member

Unable to make this weekend trail maintenance, but hopefully will be there for the Feb days. Big thank you to all those who have put the time and effort in thus far!

Hopefully you’ll like what we’ve done to the switchbacks this weekend. I think they’ll be much better with more flow.

New ending to the final descent also started but I doubt it’ll be finished until the next dig day.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Just got back from digging at QE and the switchbacks are riding much better(more flow) and the is a cheeky little tabletop near the bottom. We still need to tweek the last 3 corner next time and that section will be done.

They mad lots of progress at the end of the final descent (to take out the fire road at the end) Two berms done and the rest rake out. I reckon it will take two more dig weekends to finish.

Happy trails.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hampshire / West Sussex – whats riding nicely’ is closed to new replies.