Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hammerschmidt
  • monotokpoint
    Free Member

Trying to find a decent review of this but struggling. Has anyone here had any experience with one, or own one? Would like to find out if it, well, works in practice basically!

furry_marmot
    Free Member

I have one. it is amazing. instant changing whenever, wherever. the front mech is officially a redundant concept.

no idea of long-term durability, obviously, but it seems to be pretty well sealed. yes, it is a bit of a weight disadvantage (200g or so) but I’m sure in a year or two’s time somebody will have managed to introduce a slightly less porky version. for now, I wouldn’t put one on a xc bike but for long days on big bikes or freeriding, it’s perfect.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Hi furry. Have you got the freeride version, as i was thinking of getting the xc one to put on my Cube. How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

furry_marmot
    Free Member

I got the lighter AM version (dark grey). it’s stiffer than the Hones on my xc bike, but not as stiff as the Diabolus on my dh bike. as you might expect really.

I bought mine on-line in Germany – think I paid about 400 euros, but then saved 12% tax since I live outside the EU…

very easy to install too. you don’t need to worry about facing the ISCG tabs, just make sure the BB is faced and away you go.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

That sounds like a good price, can you remember where you bought it? I’m very tempted!

furry_marmot
    Free Member

I got it at bike-components.de. They are currently listing it at 499€ however… maybe I paid this much and tried to banish the expense from my mind; I’m sorry but I really can’t remember. actionsports.de have it for 10 euros less… remember that you will need the BB (not expensive) and a shifter too. although I have heard rumours that you can actually use a standard 1:1 SRAM shifter with it…

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Cool thanks for your advice and help furry :o)

furry_marmot
    Free Member

no worries. you won’t regret the investment!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hammerschmidt’ is closed to new replies.