Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Halo Vapour Rims? (or should I just get Flows?)
  • higgo
    Free Member

Anyone got much experience of Halo Vapour rims?

I’m after something lightish, strongish and tubeless.

Not full-on DH strength but they will be ridden badly on rocky ground and I’m not light. For comparison, they will be replacing DT Swiss 5.1 and I have a Flow and a Spank OOzy on my other bike for the same kind of stuff.

Or should I just get Flows?

I’ll be buying rims and having them built onto existing hubs if that makes a difference.

gee
    Free Member

I’ve had a set for a while – built up easily, went tubeless easily and have stayed round (they are on a rigid bike). They also do loads of colours which you don’t get from Stans…

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Been pondering a set myself for a while but probably won’t happen until the autumn when I’ll have a bit more time on my hands. Red should do a fine job of making the folks I ride with cringe.

higgo
    Free Member

gee – do you know how heavy they are?

gee
    Free Member

415g for the 26″ ones
    435g for the 650b ones
    460g for the 29er ones

Compared to a Stans rim they are a lot deeper section and a little wider than a Crest.

higgo
    Free Member

Hmmmmm….. they are really quite light.

Now I’m wondering if they’re strong enough!
    😀

jairaj

Sorry for the slight thread hijack. How you finding the Spank Oozy compared to the Flows?

I’m looking for a stronger wheelset but think the Flow rim might be a bit too heavy.

higgo
    Free Member

How you finding the Spank Oozy compared to the Flows?

Mixed – the front has been bombproof, the rear (built by a good wheelbuilder locally) unwound on the first ride. He’s tried to rebuild it, I’ve tried to rebuild it but, whatever we do, it keeps going out of true.

I’ve replaced it with a Flow that’s been fine.

It may be that I got a bad rim from the factory. It may be that it took an almighty whack on the first ride.

jairaj

thanks for the info

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Halo Vapour Rims? (or should I just get Flows?)’ is closed to new replies.