Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Halifax Oxenhope Moor – Local Roadie knowledge needed
  • DavidB
    Free Member

How suitable is the road below for a road bike? It looks more interesting than the A6033. But I’m worried that the track marked as public access in the middle may be a bit of a disaster?

mos

It’s definitely rough. As long as you go steady you should be ok. Cars use it (or they used to).
    Nice and quiet too. Steep as a mofo from oxenhope side at start though

crazy-legs

It’s just a gravel road. Few potholes and bigger stones but all rideable.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You’d be ok I think, it’s heavily pot holed and rough, but I wouldn’t describe it as off road (like above^, cars use it). It’s not very long anyway, less than a mile, so the odd dismount shouldn’t be an issue.

3rock
    Free Member

I’d agree with above, fine on a road bike, but don’t bring your carbon wheels, nor ride it with loose fillings.

DavidB
    Free Member

Thanks, I’m going to give it a go then.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s been graded and improved recently and in fact I’m wondering if it hasn’t been tarmacked….? I can’t remember and I only rode it two months ago. If not, then it’s fine black chippings.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Its just that dotted bit thats a bit iffy. Should be ok on a road bike – if not, the bad bit is only a few hundred metres so its a quick walk and then down into Oxenhope. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Halifax Oxenhope Moor – Local Roadie knowledge needed’ is closed to new replies.