Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • HALFORDS in left hand drive singlespeed shocker :)
  • Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Made me smile.

singlespeedstu
    JxL
    Free Member

mmm that singlespeed does look nice, but left hand drive?? first time I have ever seen one!

poly
    Free Member

Image flipped/mirrored left/right for “graphic design” reasons?

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I did search for “HALFORDS” before I posted, not my fault if people can’t spell! 🙂

SSP

Dibbs
    Free Member

At least the forks are fitted the right way round.

J0N
    Free Member

Is there any reason you couldn’t make a single speed left hand drive? I realise that the brake may present a problem. oh and the pedals may wind off. Apart from that though. lol 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

does singlespeeding make one’s leg veins protrude then?

james
    Free Member

Where does his bottle go when the bike doesn’t have a bottlecage?

Is that how rigid 29″ SSers dress then?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I bet it’s the fastest singlespeed when you put it into reverse!!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

does a lefthand drive fixie count??

why?? because i can 😀

thomthumb
    Free Member

plenty of LHD bmx around

rolfharris
    Free Member

i made a lhd fixie mtb once and the pedals fell off lots.

thomthumb
    Free Member

bmx has special cranks to swap the pedal threads iirc

chopperT
    Free Member

Hang on, it HAS to be fixed if it’s LHD, otherwise you’re only going backwards. Think about the freewheel.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

You may jest, but the guy who used to run the bike dept at our Halfords (who’s sadly moved into Manc to run one of the bigger stores there) had a Voodoo Wanga built up fixed, 29er and fully rigid. To make it nicher than niche, he made it LHD as well. He even sorted the pedals on it (can’t recall what he did, but it worked). It freaked out most of their customers – as you might imagine, but it was an ace bike.

He’s just about 100% responsible for my huge enjoyment of riding singlespeed – so don’t be knocking the Halfords boys! So saying – the place is falling apart without him, so maybe you’re right. 🙂

I suspect that the one in the image is a bit of page layout cockupness though – reminds me of an ad for something (not Apple) where a group of guys were sat round an old iMac, looking like they were having the time of their lives – except the thing had no mains plug in it…

lookmanohands
    Free Member

swap the axles on the pedals, job done! most people dont even notice the drive is on the wrong side

singlespeedstu

A front tandem crank gets round the pedals falling off problem.

mrmo
    Free Member

For ChopperT

LHD freewheel

thepodge
    Free Member

i has a LHD BMX, you use the same pedals and cranks as normal but you can fit a chainring on both cranks. could probably mod a flip flop hub and have both side drive if you really wanted

chopperT
    Free Member

LHD freewheel,…. What WILL they think of next….?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘HALFORDS in left hand drive singlespeed shocker :)’ is closed to new replies.