Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Halfords Cycle To Work – Special order list
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

Doeas anyone have the list of companies that halfords can special order from? Also – will they price match?
    I'm hoping to get a diamondback mojito or a raleigh bomber this year… And then try to wangle a 3 bike towbar rack…

scholarsgate
    Free Member
    dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I posted it on here about 9months ago, should show up if you do a search.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The search didn't throw anything up. Thanks fro the list scholarsgate. To be fair it seems to defeat the point of c2w if the bikes are available much cheaper elsewhere.. If they can't pricematch why not just order me a bike from Rutland and mark it up 15%?

backhander
    Free Member

My LBS pricematched + 10% to cover their fees. Fair IMO.

druidh
    Free Member

Lots of LBS's take the Halfords voucher, so you can get almost any brand you want. As for price matching, remember that the shops lose an administration "overhead" to Halfords so there's little or no really no room for negotiation on pricing. It's gonna depend on whether your LBS wants to sell at a loss.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

The list of Halfords special direct order options is on this thread: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/b2w-sceme-halfords-alternative-supplier

druidh
    Free Member

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The search never threw that one up – strange…

Shame genesis aren't on the list this year – my abyss has been fantastic.

So how do you go about getting a voucher instead of a bike then – and what if you don't spend the whole value on the voucher?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

For my company, we apply direct (i think) for the voucher.
    You decide how much you want the voucher to be worth (you don't have to take the full amount, of course) and if you've any left over, just top up with accessories to use it up (or let it go).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Halfords Cycle To Work – Special order list’ is closed to new replies.