Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Half Term in the Cairngorms???
  • marvpreston
    Free Member

I’ve just booked a cottage for half term in Nethy Bridge on the North side if the Cairngorms!!

Could anyone please point me in the right direction on local trails other than the obvious??? Looking at 3 or 4 hour runs, technical and climbs aren’t a problem!! Starting & ending at a distillery would be even better;)

Thanks in advance

what_tyres
    Free Member

Bothy Bikes in Aviemore will point you in all the right directions…

scotroutes

What’s “the obvious” so that I don’t suggest it?

br
    Free Member

Take a look on Strava; Burnside and Badaguish near Aviemore are fun.

matt_outandabout

From Nethy – just ride from your door.
    Abernethy centre has some jumps and northshore fun, shhhhhb

And another house in the village has its own pump track and jump park…

Envious, we used to do half term there every year…

marvpreston
    Free Member

The obvious would be Aviemore and Laggan!! Looking for a hidden gem or something epic please!!

iainc

Burma rd is great on a nice day

kcal

Nethy is a great wee location, plenty of local little wooded trails outside your door, Ryvoan loop over to Glenmore Lodge, Morlich etc. Further afield – big days out if weather is kind.

Are you meaning ‘hidden’ trails? Badaguish would be good, could combine with loop as above.

as per scotroutes et al above, OS maps + Strava and you’re sorted.

sweepy
    Free Member

Bynack Mor is nice, if a bit waterbarry.

scotroutes

From Nethy Bridge you have a decent route to Tomintoul via the big egg (Eag Mhor) and Dorback Lodge. TBH, it works better in the other direction.

Or, head along the Speyside Way towards Boat of Garten. Don’t go into BoG though, just follow the road past Milton of Kincardine and go over the Slugan to Loch Morlich. Then take a there-and-back-to Loch Einich (at least one opportunity for wet feet) and return via Ryvoan and Forest Lodge.

Glenlivet Trails aren’t far away and could be reached by the Tomintoul route above or the Speyside Way. There’s a new freeride/pump track too.

Burma Road from Aviemore (combine with the suggested route to Loch Morlich), returning via Carrbridge (lots of trails in the woods SE of there) and then Boat of Garten back to Nethy Bridge.

Woody trails in Anagach Woods at Grantown, including….

marvpreston
    Free Member

Thanks everyone!! Think I’ll spend the rest of the day in front of the map!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Half Term in the Cairngorms???’ is closed to new replies.