Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Haldon Red and Blue trails – fully open by the weekend?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

anybody know if the red and blue at Haldon will be fully open by the weekend?
    I know that several trees have come down recently, not sure of the extent of the damage to the trails though……

v666ern
    Free Member

Try their Facebook page for updates…

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

It sounded like it was pretty bad on the weekend, I think it was fully closed at one point so I would be very surprised it it was running again.

ajantom

I know it’s more than ‘several’ trees!
    There’s some clearance sessions going on this week, but it suspect it won’t all be cleared for a while. AFAIK the main issue is not trees across the trails, but ones having fallen and now hanging precariously overhead.

ontor
    Free Member

several trees have come down recently, not sure of the extent of the damage to the trails though……

F.U.B.A.R.

The trails are totally knackered, we’ve had 3 or 4 of us working on and off every day this week and there were about 12 Trail volunteers out today trying to clear as much as possible. I have personally cut and cleared so many trees I’ve lost count.

There are still tens of trees across the trails and there are several places where the trees overhanging the trail are very dangerous. There are a lot of places where root-plates have torn up the armoured surface of the trail and they’ll also take a lot of re-working.

If you know the forest well you be can string a loop together but I’m sure you’d feel better if you got in touch and spent the time helping to repair the damage…

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Been down there after work the last couple days and it’s pretty bad, can’t see it all being cleared that quickly. I did have a go at a couple bits with my folding saw but most of the trees are just too big.

ontor
    Free Member

have a look at this for more pics;
    STW thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Haldon Red and Blue trails – fully open by the weekend?’ is closed to new replies.