Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • haglof jacket seamseal failed is it repairable
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

hi guys wanting some advice please
    i’ve got a 22 month old haglof eclipse jacket that in the summer i noticed wasnt very waterpoof, [material is proof 2.5] i got a good soaking on my left shoulder, otherwise ok,

today i’ve looked over the jacket and i noticed the sealed seams are flapping on the inner left hood/shoulder, so you can actually see the material/stitch join, when you lift up the material seam cover.

is this repairable, is it likely to be a warranty replacement, I’ll email the shop this morning, but wondered if i could just get a glue and fix myself,
    it was a relatively cheap jacket £50 and i use it for mtb’ing etc, so its been very muddy and been through the washing machine 3 or 4 times (no with softener).

i know some outdoor brands would replace, not sure about haglof policy, their website says return to store you bought from

jam-bo

how big is it? goretex do a repair kit for about £7 that is stick on and then iron to improve the bonding.

Just repaired a torn sleeve and the repair seems to be more waterproof than the rest of the jacket…

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

cheers guys, theirs about 2 sections of 8-10cms both sides need doing. and a another 2-3cm section elsewhere.

i’ll look into the glue,

i wont name the lake district shop as the jacket has a tag ‘sample’ on the inner under the regular sidetags 😆

Nico
    Free Member

I’m not familiar with that jacket but if it is a taped goretex type material and the tape has given up then I can recommend iron-on tape repair. I have a Musto goretex jacket I sent back to Musto and after a year their repair failed so I did an iron-on repair myself and it is much better than Musto’s effort. Dead easy too.

Just checked and it was seamseal tape from Pennine Outdoor.

footflaps

I sent a Paclite GTX jacket off to Lancashire sports repairs and they did a complete botch job on it. They replaced the 10mm seam tape with about 20 strips of 20mm tape, so much so the jacket was no longer breathable as it had more tape than GTX. And after about 2 weeks it all peeled off. Binned the jacket and bought a new one…

boblo
    Free Member

Don’t piss about with all that. Go back to Haglofs UK office and they should sort you out at 22 months old. IME, their support is very good.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Their jackets are warrantied for 3 years. They replaced the zip on mine.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

The haglofs samples don’t come with any warranty, but you got a cheap price. I’m pretty 99% sure haglofs won’t help you but the shop (if it’s the one I think it is) has helped peopled with haglofs samples in the past.

Haglofs sell their samples to that shop (if it’s the one I think it is) so the shop sell them all but without haglofs regular (and very good) warranty. They’re allowed to do so, they get a big sale section at a discount price and haglofs get rid of all their samples.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

If you’re going to try anything, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to cut the SAMPLE tag out first and just say it was fraying.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Thanks guys , roganjosh I think your thinking the same one, the small town at the northern tip of what has to be the most popular lake 😉

I’ve bought the seam grip so will repair it myself, I’ve read on their site to only send clean item back, the jacket has chain grease on it and for £8 I thought I can attempt to mend a ten year old mountain hardware jacket too which has a gorilla fur inner ripped out on one arm , so will glue that back in as well

matt_outandabout

If it it’s a) Haglofs and b) Proof, I wouldn’t invest much in keeping it going.

IME,against the grain, my three items of Haglofs gear have all prematurely failed, two were refused warranty (jacket as the said hood drawcord pulling out was user error, fleece stitching wasn’t covered) and third, a set of 2.5 Proof trousers leaked really quickly, much quicker than other brands I use – and I only expect a year out of over trousers in the outdoor centre.

teasel
    Free Member

Seamgrip gets messy if you’re not careful. I used some masking tape after my first, rather messy freehand attempt.

Tips for tarts…

TimothyD
    Free Member

Is it a town which ends in ‘outh’?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘haglof jacket seamseal failed is it repairable’ is closed to new replies.