• This topic has 30 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mt.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • had eventful day at FoD and Cheltenham A&E
  • rOcKeTdOg

had an interesting day at FoD and Cheltenham A&E, gonna be sticking to the sheets tonight!

have to say A&E were quick and efficient and i got a ride in the paramedic’s car
    diagnosis, mild concussion (i can’t remember the crash) and half my body covered in grazes.
    other damage includes helmet and a broken Santa Cruz, not sure if the pivot broke to cause the accident or during but witnesses say i went straight on at a bend, over the top of a berm and slid out on my right hand side. the next ten minutes are a blank but somehow i managed to ride back to the van and kept asking my buddies “did i crash?, i must have crashed I’m bleeding, did i crash?” i don’t remember that either but they said i wasn’t unconscious at any time, anyway I’m sure a single pivot bike should move up and down not side to side like it is now 🙁

mtbfix

Day off tomorrow then?

rOcKeTdOg

under doctors orders, and no beer either 🙁

imnotverygood

How many fingers am I holding up?

Hope you heal soon.

Jamie
    Free Member

How come your beard has fallen off in pics 1 and 4?

tollah
    Free Member

Oooooooooooo bugger, hope you’re ok, should have said you were heading down, was there this am, could have shown you some special stuff 🙂 next time eh?

rOcKeTdOg

Jamie – Member

How come your beard has fallen off in pics 1 and 4?

I’m behind the camera

rOcKeTdOg

tollah – Member

Oooooooooooo bugger, hope you’re ok, should have said you were heading down, was there this am, could have shown you some special stuff next time eh?

probably safer!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Footage or its not true 😉

GWS

rOcKeTdOg

i can only go on what the other guys say, they could have done anything to me in those lost minutes! 😯

geologist
    Free Member

I blame the beard! Upset ya centre of gravity 😉

teethgrinder

Worst. Selfie. Evah.

Glad it wasn’t more serious.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Thats lucky you were not on a night ride down there as Cheltenham A and E is shut then did you wait the normal 4 hours?Gloucseter is closer did you fancy the longer drive??? :wink:.Hope your riding soon.
    They are good in Cheltenham and Gloucester hospitals.

singlespeedstu

Stick to the canals.
    You’ll be safer there. 😉

Pics of the half body covered in grazes please.
    Was it the left half or the right half?

legend
    Free Member

If you felt the need to ride in an ambulance you could at least photoshop in a decent wound!

rOcKeTdOg

Gloucester CT scanner was broken & paramedic said I “might” need one so drove me to chelt. Seem within 10 minutes, doc after 30 mins, out in 1.5hrs

Now weeping ooze from trail burns

ART

Don’t listen to the beardy comments .. I thought it looked very fetching 🙂 … we saw you earlier in the day [that was me tidying up the forest, removing the inner tube ‘decorating’ a tree]

Take it easy now, head injuries and all that.

rOcKeTdOg

Oh hello, lucky I didn’t need that tube as a sling, nice to meet you! 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Bad luck mate. Get well soon!

jamj1974

Take it easy RD. Knocks on the head can take a little time to recover from…

jamj1974

Double post.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Footage or its not true 😉

GWS

twonks

Ouch. Get well soon.

I had a similar off at Sherwood and lost 30 minutes due to breaking my helmet with the side of my head.

Very surreal coming back round when you can’t remember anything yet have been walking and talking.

My crash was on a single pivot Santa Cruz too.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Good effort – hope you’re back on 2 wheels soon.

v666ern
    Free Member

gonna be sticking to the sheets tonight
    Bleurgh!!!

rOcKeTdOg

took bandage off for a shower…that was an experience in itself!

weird feeling not remembering the crash, it’s as though this and the fact that a bruise is coming out from my shoulder to my knee spontaneously happened

Mintman
    Free Member

Looks nasty OP – hope you’re on the mend though!

Someone had a broken arm/collarbone on Sunday too – fortunately the 2 lady-paramedics were quite good looking so he got into the ambulance without persuasion.

ventanarider
    Free Member

We saw you with the paramedics. Was that you on the side of the trail right at the start of the first run of the uplift session?

rOcKeTdOg

We saw you with the paramedics. Was that you on the side of the trail right at the start of the first run of the uplift session?

well, could be but 15-20 mins of memory is missing, so who knows! apparently i rode the bike down to the cafe after the crash so they tell me

mt
    Free Member

get well soon, you’ll soon be back out pedalling. Shame about the no beer.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘had eventful day at FoD and Cheltenham A&E’ is closed to new replies.