• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igrf.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Had a small off into some brambles, nettles and undergrowth
  • Klunk
    Free Member

now over 24 hrs later come up in lots of smallish spots, most around the left knee but a few along my left arm. Most seem “mild” while a few are quite sore. Anybody else experienced anything similar ?

andyl
    Free Member

yeah been getting them all summer off nettles. Never had them like this before. I think the term is Hives. You could try an antihistamine.

Klunk
    Free Member

the funny thing is it was the right leg that got stung the most and there no reaction on it at all 😕

loddrik
    Free Member

Have you never been stung by nettles before?

matt_outandabout

beefheart
    Free Member

^^^^ Boom!

Klunk
    Free Member

Have you never been stung by nettles before?

yes, never had a 24hr delayed reaction before, the bumps usually come up straight away. Do I need to mtfu from asking a question ? 😕

Haze

Get this a lot, antihistamines will sort you out.

Klunk
    Free Member

judging by the pale yellow green puss oozing out of them It seems to be infected thorn puncture wounds

logical
    Free Member

Ah well thats different.

Time for

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I was going to say brambles usually break off at the tip and leave a tiny piece in your skin when you get caught. I get this almost daily as I work in gardens. Pick them out with a needle and a good eye in a well lit area.

franksinatra

I fell into a thorny gorse bush a few years ago. About 6 months later I was in the bath and sptted what i thought was a blackhead on my knee. Gave it a squeeze and a torn about 15mm long popped out.

It was brilliant, like your best zit, but more satisfying!

messiah
    Free Member

tiggs121
    Free Member

A&E if I were you. There are some nasty toxins out there – best to eliminate them first and then MTFU

domino

Giant Hogweed perhaps. OH got a small scratch out riding and 24 hours later his arm looked like he’d held it against something hot with a big blister on his arm that eventually started to ooze. His Dad who spent mos of his life working in the woods reckoned giant hogweed was the most likely culprit.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Brambles you say?

Definitely Tetanus.

RIP Klunk

🙁

igrf
    Free Member

Never heard of Dock Leaves?

Where there are nettles generally there are Dock Leaves, nothing like them for relieving the sting.

Wish they worked on wasps, I inadvertently lawn mowered over a wasp nest in my open toed sandals, the sting and irritation lasted a week.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Had a small off into some brambles, nettles and undergrowth’ is closed to new replies.