Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Had a mammogram today
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

When I've been to have my bits looked at (lump) I was initially worried it would be awkward. It wasn't, the doc was perfectly factual and clinical about it despite covering my bits in his finest lube and asking the young female nurse to do a few things. I think the "odd" feeling is self-made most of the time, if you just accept it as clinical and a normal procedure its just like going for any other illness. But some people have issues with their private bits!

grynch
    Free Member

worst bit for me ( worse even that some of the bits that followed ) was when I was been screened for prostate trouble
    into the docs surgery
    slip into the nice little paper nightie thing
    into the exam room
    the cute little nurse says "ok, mr. lynch, hop up onto the table please"

it was only then I noticed the stirrups.

stirrups?… but I don't see no pony !! 😳

grynch
    Free Member

p.s. karin.. best of luck with your results.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

karin, hope the results are okay. was there a reason you decided to have it done? just wondering as i got a letter from bupa the day after i turned 30, with lots of info about tests like this, and was wondering if its an age thing, or just a coincidence.

i had to get my moles checked last year and photographed to keep a record of them. i have quite a few, and had to strip to just my pants and stand in front of a camera, turning round a few times. the woman photographer did nothing to put me at ease, and the whole thing was quite embarrasing.

iDave
    Free Member

as i chatted to my GP at a kids football match i had to block out the thought that he'd had his finger up my arse and also had a feel of my knackers. i'm sure he felt the same. also had a dickcam with just local anesthetic and it was **** awful. but all these are better than being dead from nasty things that are never discovered.

which reminds me – DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR BOLLOCKS LADS

Jenga
    Free Member

My lady doctor recently stuffed her fingers up my arse checking for prostate problems. (None existed). They are doctors – they've seen worse.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and the whole thing was quite embarrasing.

it's funny our body awareness, I'm completely unconcerned about being seen naked, and have posted a nudie pic of myself on the forum, but I can't pee if I think someone is watching me!

rOcKeTdOg

barium enema isn't fun, especially when it's done in the hospital you work at and you see the nurses doing your proceedure in the staff canteen everyday!
    "oh, i thought i recognised you " etc etc etc 😳

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I found my 'post vasectomy sample' delivery a little unnerving, handing the canister over to the pretty nurse who would presumably be getting the contents straight under the microscope.

Kit
    Free Member

In the course of having various lumps investigated, I've lost count of the number of doctors who'd had a finger up my arse ("tail end" is a common euphimism used by the docs – just call it the rectum FFS, I am an adult!). Had a camera up there too, thankfully under GA!

Also been checked for lumps on my testes by the most gorgeous young female doctor, but that wasn't as bad as getting the ultrasound where you get smeared in the gel and the thing gets slowly massaged around your testicles – thank **** it was a bloke doing it!

Karinofnine – hope your results come back clear!

me1onhead
    Free Member

I had an ultrasound scan on my nads. Like Kit says, it involves having a cold hand-held scanner slowly rubbed over plums – made all the worse in my case as it was a very pretty female oriental radiographer doing the procedure. Under normal circumstances you might think this was nirvana (indeed, I'm sure some guys would gladly pay for this kind of attention), but in my case the young lady with the hand scanner couldn't stop smiling and giggling. I've tried to convince myself it was just nerves on her part.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

would it be so bad if you got a stiffy ? – if it were unimpressive you could rightly say it was restrained by embarrassment :o) And if it was a bloke you could claim it was unintentional!

Karinofnine

dirtygirlonabike – Member
    karin, hope the results are okay. was there a reason you decided to have it done? just wondering as i got a letter from bupa the day after i turned 30, with lots of info about tests like this, and was wondering if its an age thing, or just a coincidence

Hi, I am 54 so am on the NHS radar for this kind of thing but also I am lucky enough to work for a firm who give us Wellwoman screens every two years for free.

Maybe it's an age thing which triggered BUPA's letter?

tops5
    Free Member

+ for peniscam – absolutley harrowing, nurse had to remind me to breathe in case I fainted. 😡

gonefishin
    Free Member

DGOAB, without wanting to get too controversial about this I read a few things back in November when the American cancer society recommended not starting screening until the age of 50 in line with WHO Guidelines as it does more harm than good.

Some commentary here.

It is worth noting that these recommendations are for women with no additional risk factors beyond being female so if there is a family history or a genetic predisposition then this advice does not apply.

Without knowing your personal circumstances it's impossible to be sure but the BUPA thing seems like a means of generating easy income by playing on the fear of cancer rather than any sound clinical reasoning.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Had a mammogram today’ is closed to new replies.