Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Had a laugh in the LBS today (caution, Orange 5 content)
  • julianwilson
    Free Member

Remember that “boxxer world champs” they used to have? Where the team mechanics would race to see who could do somethingorother to a boxxer fork the quickest?

This party you mention, you could invite esselgruntfuttock’s LBS mechanic and have him taking on allcomers at bearing replacements. Livin’ the dream! 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

JY – I so very much want to say “yes” but not sure when the next Orange BFF party will be. Going to take me a while to get over this episode.

With a brick! A Santa Cruz!

LULZ

DezB
    Free Member

Took me 3 weeks to change my Yeti 575 bearings. That was following my own instructions!
    (To be fair, it took 2 of those weeks to actually get the bearings)

D0NK

Not so much a win for the simplicity of the five as a fail for the initiative of a five owner…

he rang LBS for some bearings LBS said they were warrantied so bring the bike in and we’ll do it.

Not reading the OP properly fail*?

*I have many of these fails myself

and yes heckler bearings are very fast to change, good job coz they only lasted about half a ride.

MarkN
    Free Member

shortcut – Member

Get a hard tail. No issues with bearings there.

The only issue is your slow rate of speed down the trail and holding everyone up… 😉 😀

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The rest of us just appreciate the ride that having more than one pivot/linkage

yeah, my Mk 1 Nomad with 90 quids worth of bearings that wore out every 6 months and climbed like a dog with a broken back in the granny ring totally rocked… 🙄

The Alpine 160 that replaced it might not be perfect but it is a damn sight nicer to ride.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wahaayy! I knew I’d get some interest as soon as & said ‘Orange 5’, on an otherwise pretty uninteresting thread, some of you lot are too predictable for your own good you know.
    TBF if the job is so simple OP why did you have to pay the LBS to do it for you?

Not so much a win for the simplicity of the five as a fail for the initiative of a five owner…

Velcro fastening shoes? or do you get someone in the shop to do your laces up for you?

Fail x 2. Double post AND you didn’t read the OP, pay attention instead of jumping with both feet at the mention of ‘Orange 5’

Thanks for the other ‘insults’, keep them coming but try something I’ve never heard before.
    FYI, I’m a 56 yr old ex Council fitter who now works in a prison & is only 5’6″ so you’ll need to come up with something original. The winner gets a knackered pivot bearing off a 5. 😆

MarkN
    Free Member

Not sure but has the Heckler not got a lifetime warranty on the pivot bearing? Not had to change it yet but the Heckler is now due a bit of TLC so it will be checked. Guess I will have to ride the hard tail in the mean time.

Good call on the OP and the LBS to respond it was warranty. They could have quite easily charged for the bearings.

Non warranty bearings from Simply Bearings for me. 🙂

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Will that be a metric brick or an imperial brick?

Happy birthday by the way (I noticed you were 55 on a recent post).

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Had a laugh in the LBS today (caution, Orange 5 content)’ is closed to new replies.