Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hackers targetting anti doping files in Rio
  • cchris2lou

Not sure if been done.
    But big names using special authorisation for illegal products including Froome, Wiggins and Williams sisters.

atlaz
    Free Member

Froome’s were pretty public knowledge. Non-story there. Wiggins a bit more interesting but also not a big story as it was for hayfever. Williams sisters aren’t cyclists as far as I know so I didn’t bother reading their stuff.

cchris2lou

Yes, all cleared of any wrong doing by BC.

xyeti
    Free Member

Seems like sour grapes from the Russians but in all honesty can you blame them? I haven’t got a clue what’s been alleged but if there’s records in medical files and folders then I can’t see why if they have been cleared by a Dr and or WADA why they haven’t disclosed this to a governing body UCI, Lawn Tennis association, Lord Coe and all his cronies.

Having personal medical files disclosed to the general public must be pretty distressing but if you put yourself out there then All’s fair in Love and War. From the Russians point of view it’s probably a case of everyone else is doing it so why can’t we?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Seems like sour grapes from the Russians but in all honesty can you blame them?

Yes, they’re hacking into confidential medical records.

I haven’t got a clue what’s been alleged

Ahh, right.

but if there’s records in medical files and folders then I can’t see why if they have been cleared by a Dr and or WADA why they haven’t disclosed this to a governing body UCI, Lawn Tennis association, Lord Coe and all his cronies.

Errr, that’s what they’ve hacked, the database of the TUE forms.

Having personal medical files disclosed to the general public must be pretty distressing but if you put yourself out there then All’s fair in Love and War.

How public do you need to be before it’s fair game to trawl through your medical history? You’re out here on a public forum, I think we need the paperwork from your visit to the GUM clinic to make sure that nasty discharge has cleared up before we continue this conversation any further.

From the Russians point of view it’s probably a case of everyone else is doing it so why can’t we?

There’s a difference between a TUE and doping.

scud
    Free Member

Having personal medical files disclosed to the general public must be pretty distressing but if you put yourself out there then All’s fair in Love and War. From the Russians point of view it’s probably a case of everyone else is doing it so why can’t we?

As above, hell of a lot of difference between a TUE for asthma (about 50% of the peloton suffering “exercise induced asthma” anyway”and hayfever and systematic state controlled doping to the point where KGB where involved swapping samples in the lab at the Sochi Olympics?

In my mind the two don’t compare?

The huge stresses placed on the body in a three week Tour and the build up to it are going to require the occasional anti-inflammatory or asthma medication, as long as TUE is gained correctly and documented then i don’t think this is in the same league?

joefm

It’s information that WADA already know and aren’t pursuing the athletes over. Other than trying to discredit the athletes there isn’t a lot they’re going to achieve.

lunge

As Dr Hutch said on Twitter:
    “Depressing the way everyone seems to have done what the WADA hackers wanted, and moved the discussion from state-tolerated doping to TUEs.”

He then followed up with:
    “I’ve been beaten both by dopers and by TUE holders. I know which makes me angrier.”

I think that about sums up my feelings.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sour grapes from hackers, a lot of these so called revelations are in the public domain already.

The one good thing to com out of this is a wake up call for security, it seems many passwords where stolen via fake phishing emails – doh basic stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hackers targetting anti doping files in Rio’ is closed to new replies.