• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Taz.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GXP BB and Shimano Cranks
  • Taz

Any reason why I cannot leave the drive side GXP BB in place and replace the non drive side (22mm) with a Shimano BB and fit my XT cranks?

The BB is basically brand new but my X01 crank pedal insert has fallen apart (shockingly poor IMO given how limited use they have had!!). Whilst I get warranty sorted I want to see what options I have.

They are press fit BB92 so knocking them out will likely damage them permanently so trying to minimize that

Taz

Bumping for the evening crowd

AlasdairMc

Axles are different sizes – I tried a Shimano BB with GXP cranks and it didn’t work.

Taz

Thanks Alastair

I thought only one side was different 24mm narrowing to 22mm?

crazybaboon

No problem swapping just the non drive side, use to do this all the time when swapping my quarq powercrank from bike to bike

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 I’ve done this before, but coming at it the other way. I ran a GXP crank but used a Shimano BB cup for the diveside. My judgement was that for the driveside Shimano and GXP were equivalent, and that’s how it worked out in reality. I had no issues.

Taz

Perfect – Thanks Guys. That is what I figured. Will probably be doing it later today so appreciate the timely inputs 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GXP BB and Shimano Cranks’ is closed to new replies.