Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Gwin Fort William helmet cam footage. Epic.
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Aaron-Gwin-Fort-William-POV.html[/video]

It sounds like he’s got rockets attached to his bike! Probably the fastest man with dentures I’ve ever seen.

woody2000

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bUd0cPLgcM4[/video]

HermanShake
    Free Member

Cheers Woody!

dantsw13

**** me, that was insanely fast!!!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

That is some track!

Northwind

Have they rebuilt the second last jump/drop down in the auditorium? Looks a bit different to how I remember it…

I like these videos, watching it thinking “Right, there’s a bit there I struggle with, how do they do it?” and then the answer is “They hover over it like it’s not there” or “They jump it and do a wee whip while they’re at it”

GW
    Free Member

The step-down triple that’s also in the 4X?

Northwind

Absolute last-but-one thing that happens on the track. 4.48 in that vid… (IIRC it has a flat line out by the fence on the right)

geoffj

It’s the gap/road jump at 3:20 that scares the shit out of me.

GW
    Free Member

Looks just the same as before..

Is it the two black (cable covers?) acros the take-off throwing you?

grum
    Free Member

It’s the gap/road jump at 3:20 that scares the shit out of me.

Saw the landing to this in the flesh recently. It’s insanely steep and goes straight into a not massively bermed corner. 😯

maxtorque

He’s going fast enough to get “doppler shift” at a few points !!

blades2000
    Free Member

He is so fast and looks so smooth on the video. wow!

jam-bo

I don’t remember a lot of fort William, just the pain in my hands and feet. I like the minaar vid from last year where he calmly talks you through a run while putting in a pretty rapid time…

dreednya

Amazing as apparently he runs his suspension really hard

Rickos
    Free Member

It’s almost Tron like the speed that he takes some of those upper section corners. No slowing down at all.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

clearly doppler ftw, but it does make you realise how pants the redbull coverage of that track was compared to Val Di Sole.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

@3.15 =

bruneep

Similar lines to what I took 😉

jockthestore
    Free Member

Reeeeediculous…

DickBarton

He is very quick…but suspect some of the ‘speed’ is caused by the camera and settings used…saying that, he is still a million times faster than I would be!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Amazing as apparently he runs his suspension really hard

That’s exactly what you are supposed to do. You are meant to be able to train so that your body can handle much harder suspension setups as they are actually faster.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

My wife isn’t impressed. Apparently she reckons she could take him…

GW
    Free Member

suspect some of the ‘speed’ is caused by the camera and settings used…

I’d say quite the opposite, headcam footage generally makes DH tracks look slower than riding them for real.
    his average speed would have been over 20mph (bear in mind his how rough most of the track is and how many corners there are top) speed would have been somewhere around 45mph (after the Tissot)

Northwind

GW – Member

Is it the two black (cable covers?) acros the take-off throwing you?

Ah ha, is that what those are? You’re probably right, cheers

kudos100
    Free Member

Amazing footage. His line choice is awesome. He takes the straightest, widest lines, even if it means riding through a boulder field.

rickmeister

Thats a Saturday practice day or qually day… faster Sunday… 4:48:21 ftw… The vid was 5mins +

It was a great weekend..

kayak23

He should get quite good if He sticks at it….

Blinkin flip!

grum
    Free Member

I was chatting to a lad on the course the Sunday before – stopped to give him a hand as he had bent his mech hanger and had no tools etc.

He said he had got his best time that day which I think he said was around 5 and a half minutes – must only have been about 15! He might have been lying but by the rate at which he disappeared I suspect not. 🙂

leffeboy

That bottom section after 4.40 is ridiculous. How is that possible – my brain would have forced a shutdown well before that

tandemwarriors

Please tell me that footage was speeded up! Bloody incredible!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

The guy can ride a bike, but everything is working very well. There is so little camera movment because he isnt getting shaken around. The suspension seems to be set up very well for the course.

GW
    Free Member

Rickmeister – watch the vid again!
    He breaks the start hut beam at least 5s in and crosses the line at 4.52.. this “practice” run was faster than his race run!!!

Northwind

There’s a cut in the middle though- looks like 2 runs grafted together.

easygirl

I watched him in the flesh at fort William, and he looked twice as fast as the video
    He was scary fast

billysugger
    Free Member

He had a couple of off’s in Quali, that’s why he started earlier than usual race day.

I’d have liked to have seen them.

Got the best of the weather come race day.

In every sport someone clicks it up a gear every so often. Gwinn is that man in DH.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I love the doppler effect as he goes past the crowd 🙂

GW
    Free Member
    thegman67

Was their watching on the Sunday the way he took those table tops at the end and the run in the where mind blowing

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Gwin Fort William helmet cam footage. Epic.’ is closed to new replies.