Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gusset ex24 bearings
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Anyone know where i can get replacement cartridge bearings for a Gusset ex24 bottom bracket? Or is it just a case of getting generic cartridge bearings, if so does anyone know the size? Cheers

jairaj

I thought the Gusset EX24 BB used commonly found bearings? If you can get a bearing out it should have some numbers printed on the side. It’ll hopefully have a number like RSXXXX or the dimensions of the bearing like 50x55x45. Type those into a search engine or on a bearing shop’s website and it should hopefully give you some results.

Northwind

It’s a 6805-2RS- careful removing the tophats, they’re not tough. Minor cracks and breaks aren’t a problem but over the longer term it could become an issue.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Cheers! Any advice for removing them without breaking em?

Northwind

Not really tbh! I’ve got 2 on the go and I’ve broken them both either taking the tophats out, or putting them back in. But I’m pretty blase about it, I’m sure you could do it better.

thepurist

Warming the top hats can make them less brittle, and sliding a thin blade under it along 2 sides then lifting both together can ease it out. Race Face do replacement top hats for their bbq, not sure if they’d fit as replacements.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Not so sure about that, i just spent an hour and a half trying to fit a new chain with a kmc missing link. They have always been easy before!

mikey3
    Free Member

I’m using this bb ,I was going to order a couple of these ‘brand-x sealed bearing – 6805 2rs bearing’from crc as spares for 5.99 each,havent ordered them yet though so no idea if they fit but I don’t see why not.Was hoping just to go to gusset website and order from there but couldn’t see any on their site,sure there lots of choice for this size out there including more expensive ceramic versions if you want them.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Cheap(ish) and cheerful sounds good to me! BB bearings dont seem to last very long on my current bike.

Northwind

The token top hats also fit IIRC. TBH it’s a damn shame Gusset don’t sell them separately

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gusset ex24 bearings’ is closed to new replies.