Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Guns.
  • TooTall
    Free Member

I live in Virginia and open carry is legal here, be it pistol or long barrel. You don’t even register a gun here and a concealed carry permit takes a day of training. I don’t see much of it.
    Wise men have told me that if you carry it and you intend to pull it, you don’t shoot to maim. That stuff doesn’t work. So you’re planning to kill. So you’d better be damned sure of the situation. Something most of those carrying haven’t really thought through before the impending court case they will feature in.

batfink
    Free Member

I find this whole thing fascinating.

It seems to be a bit of a metaphor for US society in general – from which the social component is evaporating – the whole “libertarian” approach is really picking-up speed.

I’m ok, because I have a gun.

But what about everyone else/society, aren’t they going to be in more danger is everyone is armed?

Well….. they just need to buy a gun too and make sure they’re safe, screw everyone else.

molgrips
    Free Member

Many would be polite and respectful, and even say “have a nice day” once they realize that you are not some sort of deranged serial killer or worse.

How will you know if they are derranged?

richmtb

I’m ok, because I have a gun.

This is it in a nutshell.

America celebrates individualism, state intervention in things most of Europe take for granted like health care is dismissed as “Communist”

In a country full of guns it’s rational for an individual to want to arm themselves to protect themselves, their family and their property.

But all these guns make society as a whole more dangerous for everyone

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Guns.’ is closed to new replies.