Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Guns of Navarone
  • northernmatt

I’m part way through reading the book and remembered that I’ve got the movie recorded from when it was on over Christmas so though I’d give it a watch. Just had to turn it off. I know they have to make it interesting and exciting for people to watch but it’s bugger all like the book apart from the fact that they go to an island to blow some guns up.

Think I’ll just finish watching The Eagle Has Landed instead.

carlosg
    Free Member

The cliffs in the film are in Rhodes between Pefkos and Lindos , they got special permission from the Greek government to blow some of the cliff up.

ninfan
    Free Member

Think I’ll just finish watching The Eagle Has Landed instead.

Nah, go and watch ‘went the day well’, which will spoil the eagle has landed for you forever…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdMlJXzJQo[/video]

godzilla
    Free Member

Random fact – I got stung by a jellyfish swimming under the cliff in Rhodes when i was 12, f*kn hurt 👿

northernmatt

Weird that, we were contemplating Rhodes for a holiday this year.

crankboy
    Free Member

ninfan thanks for “went the day well ” my favorate war film that i had totaly forgoten about .

gordimhor

Watch “The Skatalites – Guns Of Navarone” on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EMaK__D0A&feature=youtube_gdata_playerwhat no skatalites?
    Is much disappointed

kjcc25
    Free Member

Only one Alistair Maclean film comes close to being as good as the book and that is Ice Station Zebra.

kcal

I dunno – When Eight Bells Toll is pretty good – who could forget Robert Morley as Uncle Arthur?

wwaswas

I liked the Disney remake with animals – ‘The Gnus of Navarone’.

Then Bond got in on the act with ‘The Man with the Golden Gnu’. And who can forget Tom Cruise in ‘Top Gnu’?

*wanders off to find coat*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Guns of Navarone’ is closed to new replies.