Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Gun and roses 1987ish – bands you missed out on because you couldn't be bothered
  • allthepies
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkuLVeXHzsc[/video]

john_drummer
    Free Member

The Clash, summer ’82, Bradford St George’s Hall, never got round to buying a ticket. Shortly afterwards, Joe sacked the rest of the band, or something.

Siouxsie & The Banshees, same venue ’86ish – skint

plumber
    Free Member

I was at the GnR Rock City gig mentioned by the OP, though I actually went to see the support – Faster Pussycat. If you want to know what the next big thing is going to be then I’m obviously not the man to ask.

strangley I also went to see faster pussycat but at Manchester Apollo. As shit as they were GnR were even worse. The worst band I’ve ever seen and I seen hundreds. Truly truly awful

weare138
    Free Member

I went to Wrexham to see Napalm Death in about 1993. Drove into the carpark decided they’d sold out and went home. Also missed Oasis at The Tivoli in Buckley (but did see Faith No More there on their first tour in 1988 and had a great chat to the bassist)

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Kryton – you had a lucky escape with GnR at Milton Keynes if it was the 1993 one. I saw them a couple of years earlier at Wembley and they were fantastic – still one of the best gigs I’ve been to.

At Milton Keynes though it rained, they came on and strummed a few songs then disappeared. They really couldn’t be bothered and it was the worst gig I’ve been to.

Really regret not seeing Queen, and most of all I turned down seeing AC/DC last time they toured.

headpotdog
    Free Member

Had a ticket to see Nirvana at the Sheffield Octagon in ’91, but gave it away to a girl I fancied at the time. I seem to remember that was the night they played Smells like Teen Spirit on Top of the Pops too (pre-recorded, obviously).

Missed a great gig & I didn’t get the girl either. Stupid boy!!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I missed G n R because I had a date lined up. Missed Oasis at Knebworth because of it was a bank holiday and had already booked a weekend of debauchery in Newquay.

But I don’t care cos I got to see Queen at Wembley in 86 and I doubt I’ll be ever better that, though New Order at Reading, and The Prodigy at V96 get close.

racefaceec90

i could have gone to see pink floyd with my friend when they were at earls court in 1994.

for some reason i decided not to go 🙁

nickhart
    Free Member

don’t judge but i wish i’d gone to see will smith and jazzy jeff at the leadmill in sheffield. it was just before his summertime track went big.
    I have two music regrets, giving away a queen album (again no judgements please) and going to see the rolling stones at sheffield arena. biggest load of sweary t*ss ever. i left early, worse gig ever.

johndoh
    Free Member

Kryton – you had a lucky escape with GnR at Milton Keynes if it was the 1993 one. I saw them a couple of years earlier at Wembley and they were fantastic – still one of the best gigs I’ve been to.

At Milton Keynes though it rained, they came on and strummed a few songs then disappeared. They really couldn’t be bothered and it was the worst gig I’ve been to.
    Yeah we were at that – best part of the weekend was getting pissed in a field behind a pub (that was purporting to be a campsite but wasn’t). The gig was shocking. Seen GnR several times though (often at festivals) but the best one was right down at the front when they played Gateshead with Faith No more and Soundgarden supporting.

konadad
    Free Member

had a ticket to see level 42 back in the day. gave it to a lass who really wanted to see them. turns out she only wanted to go because i was going. she went, i didn’t.

this year its our 25th.

ricdiggle
    Free Member

If its any consolation, I’ve seen Extreme many times and they have never failed to be terrible. As a guitarist, Nuno is still a god in my eyes and a joy to behold with an N4 in his hands – even miming behind Rihanna!

My biggest regret is not seeing Queen. I’ve been to hundreds of concerts and always loved them but it never fell into place.

sas78

Northwind – me too re: the same Muse gig in Edinburgh!

For me, it’s missing out on Opeth at the Albert Hall, I went to see Airbourne at Edinburgh picture house, which was good, but that Opeth gig was incredible and history in the making. Bad choice!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Gun and roses 1987ish – bands you missed out on because you couldn't be bothered’ is closed to new replies.