Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Gulp! Heading off to attempt the Pennine Bridleway Double.
  • DFaffMaster

Alan – thanks for the advice. I think I’m probably fast enough as I’m much better at shorter events than long events. I’ve raced against you lots of times without you probably realising it in the Dark and White events.

My endurance has always been my weak point but has improved a lot recently as I have done two mammoth off-road tours in the Rockies and the Himalayas in the last year and it was good enough for 3rd overall in the Polaris this year (my best result).

My biggest problem the other day was my head. I’m thinking of trying again but starting at Tintwhistle heading north up and around MT loop then heading south for the out and back to Middleton Top.

The logistics of this are much simpler as I live in Stockport and it also breaks it down into manageable chunks. It also gives me the opportunity at the half way point to see if I am on target to go sub 24.

Alan, do you think you could PM with the pace sheet you created as it would be a useful guide for me too.

Kielder 100 plans were not to bomb round and ‘race’ it but to aim to go an average speed of 10mph and therefore hopefully just sneak under 10 hours. I don’t want to proper batter myself as I’m doing the National Mountain Bike Orienteering Champs up in the Lakes the following weekend.

Well done on your PBWD by the way it was your ride that convinced me that I might be able to do it too. When it was just Steve you worry that you would need to be ‘super’ fit to complete it 😯

DFaffMaster

double post – deleted

alanbill99

Ahhh. Know you by name but not yer face. We’ll have to make a conscious effort at the next Dark n White!!
    I really really fancy the XCC at Torver. Just gotta convince mrs b to let me head up. Torvers my fave and yes, you’d be worthy competition!

Will sort out my timings for u tomorrow. Good luck with kielder, it’s awesome. Don’t forget …This ain’t an easy challenge at all, it took me 3 years to even get it round my head that I could possibly do it! I think you’ll be fine physically. May see you at Torver.

DFaffMaster

Thanks for the splits Alan.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Gulp! Heading off to attempt the Pennine Bridleway Double.’ is closed to new replies.