Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Guitarists! What FX pedal(s)?
  • porter_jamie

all you need is a les paul, a lead and a marshall. and use your volume pot.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Currently using at TC Electronic Dark Matter, Boss MT-2 (for when I want silly distortion), a lovely old Boss CE-2 Chorus (which seems to be worth quite a bit now!), Boss PS-6 Harmonist (really good once you figure out how to use it properly!) and a Boss RC-3 LoopStation.

I’ll probably swap either the Dark Matter to the MT-2 for a Delay sometime soon.

Having said all that, happy just playing clean as well when the mood takes

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Garagetone and openroad overdrives into a clean 1971 Wem Dominator, also use a Boss DD3, TC hall of Fame reverb and an old 60’s Vox Wah. I use the Garagetone to push the amp into breakup and the openroad for a bit more drive/boost.
    Chipps how do you find that TC repeater?

EDIT : if you can make sure anything you get is true bypass if you are jacking into a clean channel.

plumber
    Free Member

Guitar* > Cable > Joyo American > Cable > Line 6 M9 > Mackie SRM 150 or 450

What else do you need!

*Wacky colours and pointy bits are essential

kevin1911

based on advice from earlier in the thread, I’ve managed to pick up a bulk load of Behringer pedals from ebay. One of them is a noise reducer. It has an input and output port, as well as send and return ports. I presume it should be set up as Guitar -> Noise Reducer -> Amp, with the rest of the pedals set up in a daisy-chain loop between the send and return ports?

Atomizer

Boss ME50 suits me for home use.
    Also RC30 looper
    Boss line selector to allow loops to go through a clean amp and leads etc to go through a Blackstar valve amp.

Loopers are just great for practising with

About to build a pedalboard and get it all neated up.

IMG_0568 by Jones96er, on Flickr

chipps

I’d stick your noise reducer last in the chain – basically after whatever is causing the noise – so after the distortion pedals and if you use amp distortion, then after the preamp too.

Brake-neck – the Repeater is great, but I’d like some presets, so I’m thinking of the new TC Flashback X4.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Guitarists! What FX pedal(s)?’ is closed to new replies.