Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Guitar Interface
  • waynekerr
    Free Member

I'm looking into buying one & am looking for advice. The only recording I have ever done has been onto my phone & on to a video camera.
    I basically want to do simply recordings, maybe post a couple of videos on YT, but I'm not sure, I may want to do more once I get the hang of it, I have been try to do some research on the web & through guitar forums, but find it all very confusing. I don't think I want to spend hours or days mucking about with stuff, but I'm not sure what I'll want to do once I get into it. I will need a mic also.
    I own acoustic, electro-acoustic & electric guitars & a Vox AD30VT amp.
    I have looked at Line6 UX1 & UX2 & as far as I understand the software are all either trials or poor & you need to get something like Reaper.
    What to you guys use or recommend?

molgrips
    Free Member

I don't quite know what you want.. you just want to plug your guitar into your computer? Your best bet would be a multi-effects pedal with a line-out, which you can then plug into your computer's sound card.

Line out just means the voltage level of the signals. Guitars give out a very quiet signal, and this needs to be amplified to a normal audio signal level before it can be plugged into your computer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Guitar Interface’ is closed to new replies.