Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Guitar amp content – I've just ordered one of these
  • plumber
    Free Member

Completely pointless but I’m going to turn it up to 12 at .1 of a watt

F 😀 CK YEAH

RustySpanner

How much?

plumber
    Free Member

You don’t want to know – trust me

bristolbiker
    Free Member

You don’t want to know – trust me

….now I do know…. I wish I didn’t. Bloody hell…. 😯

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just looked at the price too 😀
    I know nothing about amps. Is this the amp equivalent of an oddly shaped singlespeed built in shed in the woods by a man with a beard

plumber
    Free Member

And dont forget there’s 5 different amps ‘to collect’ in this range this year which get more expensive as you go through the range 😯

Its only going to be available once so why not, its only going to increase in price when I decide to sell it on.As its mail order I get some time to review my decision

and indeed this is truely a purchase of wallet over sense.

Plum

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong – if it floats your boat and you can afford it then why not!! I’m in the market for a new small amp myself, but that thing is just a teeny bit pricey for my needs and skilz 😉

hughjardon
    Free Member

That spoilt my fun, looked up the price so I could go What!!! 😯

And didn’t think it was too bad?

Well loved and highly regarded brand, ltd edition and all that.

Hope you enjoy it, I just wish I could make a noise worthy to come out of it, got 2 guitars and can’t even play, now that’s a waste of money 😆

plumber
    Free Member

http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/amps/guitar/trademark30.html

BB

This is what you need. cheaper – much better – lighter

Alternatively I have invested in this recently which are, for the money, mind blowing must go into a full range speaker for the best result though. sounds kinda shitty through a guitar amp

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_american_truetone.htm

plumber
    Free Member

Well loved and highly regarded brand, ltd edition and all that.

hand wired in the UK too

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Plumber – I will have a look at the Tech21 – thanks. 30W may still be on the big side – the volume control on 10W Marshall barely scrapes past 3 without complaints from the wife!!

Current plan is a Vox plug-in amp with headphones to keep the rest of the family happy and then either http://www.orangeamps.com/micro-terror (with the asscoiated 1×8 micro cabinet) and some pedals or http://www.orangeamps.com/crush-pix-cr20ldx/ for when they go out 🙂

Are you going to get the set of Ltd editions through the year…… they’ll be worth more as a set in years to come ….. 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

The Orange Terror range is brilliant, currently trying to sell my EBS bass rig (Mk1 Fafner + Classic 4 x 10) which will be replaced by a Bass Terror and Mark Bass lightweight cabinet. Once the big rig is gone!

Best thing you can do to a Marshall is rip half the stuff out of it, mate is an amp tech and the sound he gets is ridiculous!

plumber
    Free Member

BB – TM30 are solid state not tube – also not modelling – sound amazing even low volume – see my vid here – http://youtu.be/8MHNfc0_IFo

I’m definately not going for the ‘set’ but I might get a JCM Head or DSL Head – I have til July to save up for these 🙂

Micro terror looks great too

Lifer – I agree about marshall amps generally but these are just a bit different, so ill give em a go

Plum

Klunk
    Free Member

i would have got one of these

plumber
    Free Member

I’m not carrying one of those anywhere

skywalker
    Free Member

You could get a valve head and cabinet for that price, are you mad?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i agree with hugh here- for what it is, i don’t think the price on that is too OTT really.

mind you, i have a 1971 mkII plexi 50w head that i got for £100 in king’s music in sunderland about 25 years ago, which is now worth around 10 to 15 times the amount i paid for it…

chipps

I like the look of it. Though I also like the look of the Class 5 too.
    I have a 5W Epiphone Junior that sounds massive… I also have a 1973 Marshall Lead and Bass 50 combo (that I got for £150 about 25 years ago and is also worth five times that now) but I can never turn it up past completely minimum, even when stood next to the drummer…

lodious
    Free Member

And dont forget there’s 5 different amps ‘to collect’ in this range this year which get more expensive as you go through the range

I think you bought the right one…think most the stuff Marshall have made since mid 70’s has been going backwards.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Guitar amp content – I've just ordered one of these’ is closed to new replies.