Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Guisborough
  • christhetall
    Free Member

Mixed bunch of us having a weekend in Staithes soon and the plan is to go biking on one day. Would prefer riding from the door, but there doesn’t seem to be much there

Looks like it’s not far to Guisborough, but struggling to find much info on that, other than Singletraction

Is the Red run worth the drive ? How easy is it to find the more challenging descents ? Anything else in the area that shouldn’t be missed ? And is it a bog fest at this time of year

Paradiso
    Free Member

There are some good routes around Guisborough, but there’s little in the way of an ‘official’ trail, especially at the moment as there is lots of logging taking place. I’d suggest a mix of the woods and maybe a ride over to Captain Cook’s monument. There are a couple of maps on here but looking at Strava might be your best bet.

momo

There’s loads of trails in Guisborough woods, but none of the good stuff is signed and some of the best stuff is fairly well hidden.

My personal preference would be to head out on to the moors in search of natural routes, or find a local to guide you.

muddodger
    Free Member

As has already been said, very little at Guisborough unless you know where to look, personally I’d drive the same distance toward Dalby or up on t’moors which are close by.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Guisborough’ is closed to new replies.