Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Guided MTB holiday – cheapish?
  • woodsman
    Free Member

For spring or summer, guiding and accom package that's cheap – any recommendations.

Feel free to post your pics. 🙂

easygirl

riviera bike was not expensive, and great area, riding

flamejob
    Free Member

Spain… now.

switch-backs, seasonally adjusted etc.

I live here and every ride is like being on holiday.

woodsman
    Free Member

Hmm – not exactly cheapish though! I've ridden with the owners a few times with Nirvana, on my wish list, but looking for some where much cheaper…

RE:Riviera

PS: Can't do NOW – work commitments

Mackem

Find an area you fancy, arrange your own accomodation and just join a guided group every other day. You can get info about where to ride from the guide. Or just get a GPS and download some routes to do.

stevomcd
    Free Member

We like to think we're pretty reasonably priced… 😉

rock
    Free Member

basque-mtb.com

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Woodsman, what do you call cheap?

woodsman
    Free Member

I fancy something different to the Alps or southern Spain….

doug_basqueMTB.com

ahem! Thanks for the link rock, there's no hyphen though 🙂basqueMTB

Woodsman, there's various cheaper accommodation options that we can sometimes offer rather than our 'standard' option, (which is rather nice!) Give me a shout if you're interested in more details.

Twist my arm for a pic then!

There's a pile more pics from the same ride and a few words about them here if you're interested: basqueMTB blog

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Woodsman

Try Mark and Jackie at Ciclomontana, they are very cheap as they own their property outright etc.. so little overheads…

Went with them a a few years ago in Spain, very good VFM but be prepared for alot of climbing, but at least you dont have to buy a lifts pass.

Otherwise Morzine is cheap….but a bit grey on the guiding side.

We started off doing holidays for £330 but unfortunately with the weak Sterling and rising costs, the days of good quality, guided and all inclusive holidays for £300ish is almost non existant.

woodsman
    Free Member

nasher – cheers, but I've been out with 'ciclo' a couple of times already, I would agree with everything you've said about them. Enjoyed it!
    I remember chatting to you a couple or three years back, regarding bike holidays, on a Sunday ride with Simon – I do mean to get out to Molini sometime.

Doug, I am interested in your holidays, more on a 'because it's a different area' kinda way. Did try and get something going with you last summer, but you couldn't really offer any dates for some reason. Everything in full swing for this summer then I take it?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi Woodsman. I remember your enquiry. It was our first year so it was hard to get a week organised to fit you in with another group. I'd erred on the side of caution for everything! There won't be an issue this year at all 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Guided MTB holiday – cheapish?’ is closed to new replies.