Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Guess which order arrived first? USELESS!!
  • Janesy
    Free Member

4 orders –
    2 German online retailers, 2 uk online retailers.

Which 2 arrived first?

You guessed it, not CRC or Wiggle. And paid more postage on CRC / Wiggle.
    Please explain this to me. I’m confussed 🙁

tarquin
    Free Member

German efficiency?

schnell schnell! etc

ElShalimo

aren’t CRC & Wiggle free postage?

Jamie
    Free Member

And paid more postage on CRC / Wiggle.

As above…why?

palookah
    Free Member

And paid more postage on CRC / Wiggle.

As above…why?

This is just the usual STW obtuseness; it’s clear that the reason anyone pays beyond the free delivery is for faster delivery.

Which he evidently didn’t recieve.

wwaswas

Janesy does live in Berlin though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

So it’s the fault of the retailer not the logistics company your stuff hasn’t arrived? Huh?

Jamie
    Free Member

This is just the usual STW obtuseness; it’s clear that the reason anyone pays beyond the free delivery is for faster delivery.

Not really. As it’s a stone cold fact, Wiggle’s free delivery is usually quicker.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

so what?

It’s arrived.

Ride your bike.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve never understood how I can get a small parcel posted from the far east, and delivered to my door in the UK for less than it would cost to post the same parcel to my mate who lives next door to the sorting office in town.

It’s being delivered by the same postal system once it’s in the UK as it would be if it originated here. But it costs less even though it’s travelled a few thousand miles before it gets here.

juan
    Free Member

That will teach you. Next time go direct buy at a shop 😉

scuzz
    Free Member

Same story here – Two orders placed at the same time, the CRC one hasn’t even been processed and the German one is at home waiting for me.

(Mind you, I don’t really care)

palookah
    Free Member

Not really. As it’s a stone cold fact, Wiggle’s free delivery is usually quicker.

Eh, usually quicker that what?

It used to be the case with both ChainReaction and Wiggle that the free deliveries were often dispatched the same day via 1st class, but recent experience has shown otherwise. If I now want a guaranteed delivery by the next day I pay for it.

bigjim

wow, does it matter? buy it from your local bike shop if you need it that quickly.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’ve put a few orders in this week. Next Day Tyres, Discount Supplements & Wiggle free delivery have all arrived, the Rose order is on its way.

chvck
    Free Member

wow, does it matter? buy it from your local bike shop if you need it that quickly.

+1, I usually go with free delivery whatever I order and when it turns up it turns up and i’m happy!

sugdenr
    Free Member

If you are like me, you ordered some stuff that you had been meaning to order for a few weeks, and then having done that it all became instantly urgent.

Did you give yourself a good talking to for being so tardy in not ordering stuff sooner?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Janesy – Member
    4 orders –
    2 German online retailers, 2 uk online retailers.

Which 2 arrived first?

You guessed it, not CRC or Wiggle. And paid more postage on CRC / Wiggle.
    Please explain this to me. I’m confussed

is it because CRC and Wiggle are massive and deal with more orders?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Which he evidently didn’t recieve.

Faster than their own free delivery perhaps, but they don’t promise to be faster than postage from Germany …

gwaelod
    Free Member

never mind that…how many bags of free haribos did you get from the german company

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Was On-One the slowest? And when it arrived, was the item advertised as being £1000000 cheaper the following day so you were really p*ssed?

Janesy
    Free Member

I have received 3 of the orders.

Bike-discount from Germany – I would say they are massive as well. Just puts the English to shame.
    Actionsports.de “
    Wiggle

CRC still processing. All orders made Tuesday 9am.
    I paid for faster delivery (special del) with CRC. Let’s be honest it takes the piss. There are no excusses.

Just to add, there is no real rush but I have spent £600 on new chainsets for both mob and road ad some other goodies.
    I don’t really care if I don’t get it until next week but thought I’d compare the online retailers on this forum.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

WGAS? Support your local shop. 🙄

steezysix
    Free Member

I think the key is not to pay for special delivery with CRC – I ordered a frame at about 10pm yesterday and had an email at 9.30 this morning saying it had been dispatched. I wonder if they have a big team doing the “normal” orders whereas the special delivery ones are just done by one or two guys?

Janesy
    Free Member

Steezysix – as it’s clearly gone over next day delivery Ill email them to refund me on postage. It’s what I normally do.

Janesy
    Free Member

Ballandbladder – local bike shop couldn’t even source the parts I wanted. So I did phone and check 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

Janesy – Member
    I have received 3 of the orders.

Bike-discount from Germany – I would say they are massive as well. Just puts the English to shame.
    Actionsports.de “
    Wiggle

CRC are not by any actual defnition English, other than you think they’re poor, so they must be English!

Why did you not order all of your goods from Germany? Is there some other factor that you haven’t told us about?

Matt

Janesy
    Free Member

The German suppliers didn’t have the chainset I wanted. Ultegra Sl for the road bike, And e13 ring for the mtb.

matt_bl
    Free Member

So the German suppliers are fast but don’t stock the stuff you want. The other suppliers are slower but can supply it.

Swings and roundabouts, alot easier to provide fewer products than try to supply anything and everything.

Matt

Janesy
    Free Member

Just had an email from CRC, saying part of the order has been shipped the the Ultegra SL chainset (road) is out of stock. Still shows in stock on the website 😀 then he has the cheek to say it will be delivered when in stock… BUT no mention when that may be. FFS!

Email sent to change order. Honestly this will be the last time ordering from brokenchainreactioncycles.

dasnut
    Free Member

Yawn

tomhoward

I support my lbs. Ordered a crown race that no online retailer listed and it arriv… Well it hasn’t actually arrived yet, but then I only ordered it in January…. Oh wait. I should be calling the lynch mob/solicitors/anyone who’ll listen now shouldn’t I, isn’t it fraud or something? But I won’t because the shop is keeping me informed, it’s not urgent and I’m not blinded by my own worth as a customer to the shop.

Chill out, your life will improve.

Fwiw I’ve never had to wait more than 3 working days from order to delivery buying from crc, and never paid for delivery.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Guess which order arrived first? USELESS!!’ is closed to new replies.