Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GT LTS TEAM (pre 96) Vs LTS 2000 (1998)
  • birtymeek
    Free Member

Which ones the best out of the above? Ive been offered both.

The lts team is pre 96 and comes as complete bike with and fox alp shock

The lts 2000 comes as frameset with rs coupe deluxe

Cheers in advance

nickc

Neither, they’re both awful bikes.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Ask on the retrobike forums, they know their old GTs.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d also avoid both like the plague, they were alright-ish at the time, but they’re over 10 years old! I’d think twice about a 5 year old bike!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

A mate had one when they were newish.

The shock is a custom fitment, so getting spares will be VERY difficult. (The entire shock body is threaded and screws into a pivoting mount between the 2 top linkage plates)

It ate trunnion bushings like there was no tomorrow, and creaked like an old gate at the first sign of mud/wet.

When it was working, it was apparently a really good ride, but god’s it took a lot of effort to keep working!

birtymeek
    Free Member

Cheers. I’ll not get one then

philjunior
    Free Member

BETD/Goldtec was still doing bits for them last time I looked about a year ago.

Not sure how they’d ride/what they’d weigh or anything though. From what I knew at the time they were pretty good, and IIRC they’re Horst link?

Still, probably more a labour of retro love than a practical MTB.

crazy-legs

A mate had one of those, in fact I sold it to him and regretted it straight away. The frame was replaced under warranty when it snapped, that frame was later replaced agan when it cracked round the bottle boss bolts. In the meantime the shock was replaced twice and even when it was working it creaked like you wouldn’t believe. GT85 cured it for a bit then it would start again.

Nice bikes when they’re working but things have moved on in 10 years and neithe rof them would be worth anything except if they were immaculate and you were doing it for a retro project rather than something to ride.

Kuco

I ad an LTS and it was a great bike to ride. The reason I got rid of mine was the bushings kept creaking.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GT LTS TEAM (pre 96) Vs LTS 2000 (1998)’ is closed to new replies.