Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GT Aggressor Elite?
  • AlasdairMc

Anyone got one? Halfords have them at £1k, and the componentry for the price seems excellent (Maxle Revs).

I'm looking at a 140mm hardtail for a grand (bike2work) and this is winning at the moment, if the frame is rubbish I'll transplant onto something steel and cheap.

Also – Orange are now doing a Crush at the £1k mark with Recon Airs instead of Floats. Would this be a better bet?

al

HTTP404
    Free Member

you're right the spec. looks very good on the GT.
    frame looks OK. Usual GT love it or hate it affair.

i believe on the b2w scheme at halfords you can order from other places through halfords.

People also rave about the Orange P7. This could be an option with a fork upgrade.

AlasdairMc

You can order from elsewhere, they go through Leisure Lakes, hence the 1k Crush being an option.

I'm wondering whether the frame is suited to 140mm forks or if it will handle like a barge. Halfords give no frame specs so unfortunately I need either first-hand experience or to head down there with a ruler and protractor.

P7 comes in over a grand so is out of the question unfortunately. I was considering just buying the GT then getting a 456 frame if I can't come to like it.

andywill

I have a GT aggressor XCR which I think is the previous eqivilant bike. I am really enjoying it (I don't take the full susser out much now). It is a comfortable bike for a hardtail & it seems to handle well, but I am no expert. Can you not test ride the bike?

AlasdairMc

Halfords don't do test rides, you can sit on it in the store and that's about it. They really ought to consider having a demo fleet if they're doing exclusive brands, or at least hitting the demo days to spread the word if the bikes truly are that good.

Out of interest, how much travel does your XCR have? If it's the same frame but lower travel than the Elite I'd be slightly concerned.

HTTP404
    Free Member

if a bike comes in over the limit (£1000), I believe you just pay the difference. The P7 comes in just under £1000 but the fork upgrade would push it up a further £150. This is what you would have to pay on top.

as for the agressor – looks like a rebadged avalanche but this model does not go to 140mm forks. Might be worth taking a look in the flesh. The website pic. certainly doesn't look like its running slack.

Personally, i'd look at the P7 but genesis altitude also falls into your budget.

andywill

The GT aggressor XCR has 130mm recon 351 forks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GT Aggressor Elite?’ is closed to new replies.