Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • GT 85 bulk buy
  • mattp
    Free Member

where from and how much – iirc a little while back there was a place doing a pack of 10 that worked out better than half price for an individual can…

thx

RichJJ
    Free Member

Halfords often do half price deals. Condition normally is that you need to buy something from the Bike Dept and then you can purchase as man cans as you like half price. GT85 itself is a qualifying purchase

Dibbs
    Free Member

But why would anyone want to use GT85 in the first place 🙄

ashfanman
    Free Member

But why would anyone want to use GT85 in the first place

Genuine question: why not? I use it on my bike and it seems to work fine?

z1ppy

Dibbs – Member

Maybe not everyone is a sucker for overpriced ‘bike’ lubes? 😉

boxelder

To displace water, clean and degrease, keep rubber seals soft and lightly lubricate. Or were you being obtuse?
    Oh, and it smells nice

Dibbs
    Free Member

To displace water, clean and degrease, keep rubber seals soft and lightly lubricate. Or were you being obtuse?
    Oh, and it smells nice

I’m sure a lot of people plaster their bikes in the stuff just because they like the smell, I’ve never found it much good as an actual lubricant.

andyl
    Free Member

you can buy non-aerosol PTFE lubes that you use a mechanical spay bottle with. Anyone tried them? Could be cheaper and more environmentally friendly than aerosols.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Well, it’s great for displacing water on your newly cleaned chain before oiling. It’s also great to spray on your bike prior to a mucky ride, the bike washes off easier then.

For road users, it actually makes an OKish chain lube.

Harry_the_Spider

I like to have a very thin film of it on the top of my post ride brew.

stevemtb
    Free Member

I don’t find it to be a good lubricant (for the bike either 😉 ) but it’s great for cleaning the bike and sorting rattles and squeaks, Always have some in the bike room and the car for a pre-ride spray.

Seconded the Halfords deal, seems pretty cheap so walk out with a half price tin every time I buy anything from there.

mattp
    Free Member

i knew this would open a can of “why would you?”. as said above it’s no use as a lube is v v v bad for rubber seals but is good as a mud repellant. i only use it a couple of times a month for a quick wipe over after washing and it’s cheaper than mrs mattp’s mr sheen

geoffj

i knew this would open a can of “why would you?”.

Now if you’d asked about WD40 :mrgreen:

amplebrew

I always order mine from here and they certainly seem to be good value.

I get the pack of 36 from them and that lasts me around 6 months, although I do use it on my motorbike as well.

I use it to lightly coat the fame and metal work with it and spray it on the chain to wipe it down before lubing it up.

It’s kept my commuter bike looking sparkly clean and corrosion free over the last 12 months.

granny_ring

That lot in 6 months, blimey! 😯

It’s good stuff to use though and agree it smells lovely too 🙂

amplebrew

granny_ring – Member
    That lot in 6 months, blimey!

I use most of it on the motorbike really, keeps everything corrosing and fur free 8)

The push bikes only get a light coating.

Spud

Ordered 24 from a tool hire place (I think) on ebay. Split 3 ways and still have a shed load left. Good value.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They sell them at Range for £2.49 each use to be £2.24.Go outdoors same price but need a discount card for year £5.

DickBarton

I bought about 6 cans from a one day sale place…must be 4 years now…still got 2 cans but I only get a half can worth of use out of it as it seems to loose the propellant so I’ve got 2 cans half full but unable to dispense…not sure if I can get the stuff out now…which is a shame as it does the job.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘GT 85 bulk buy’ is closed to new replies.