Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Growing a beard
  • garage-dweller

Thanks. I feel better now. 😀

Apart from just being informed by the Mrs that there is a hole in my drivers seat in the car. My flabby back appears to have worn through the bolster. No connection just venting! 👿

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The best thing about more beards is the number of barbers that an actually trim one… It’s a skill and one I’m glad is on the rise again.

I shaved mine off last year, I lasted 2 weeks

ransos
    Free Member

garage-dweller

Ransos I think what you are saying is I can keep my trail snacks handy.

slowoldman

I can’t remember how long it takes. I doubt most hipster’s dads were born when I stopped shaving.

epicyclo

chewkw – Member
    “Why go to all that trouble to look like a pre-pubescent boy?”

Coz you might have fleas in them beards …

Nah, the cockroaches keep them under control… 🙂

edhornby

I get really sore skin when I shave so I use a beard trimmer with the gate off to get it back to about 2mm then leave it until it gets itchy or scruffy looking

chewkw
    Free Member

user-removed
    Free Member

My throat beard is a thing of joy and beauty. I rarely need to shave my cheeks but my ‘tache is a lovely thing. Sadly I’m the only person in the world who doesn’t have to look at my face / neck.

So I shave. A beard doesn’t suit everybody and I’ve tried everything from ‘leccy rotary things to King of Shaves gel with a cut throat. Settled on a Mac three and Morrisons shaving foam.

Dibbs
    Free Member

We’re not allowed to have beards at work because as part of our role requires us to wear breathing apparatus.
    I had radiotherapy a few years ago that’s left me with a fair bit of the right side of my face that doesn’t grow hair. 😐

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have thick coarse hair that’s widely spaced. It was a good 6 weeks before it wasn’t patchy. It took another 6 months of experimentation to find style that suited my face.

This is the ideal thread to post this.

Which is my ‘first draft’ beard, accompanied with shouts of ‘What’s wrong with BIG TOMATOES?!’ From my riding chums.

I ended up with something neater in the end.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Growing a beard’ is closed to new replies.