Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)
  • Grow up FFS
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thats it – the scalextric is getting built up 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I found a box of old Star Wars toys in the loft the other day. Anyone want to buy them? I have no idea how much they’re worth. I have a death star which folds out so you can see the rooms inside, an R2D2 which folds out into some kind of scene from one of the films, a millenium falcon that shoots a plastic “laser” with a trigger, and an X-Wing that does the same. There’s also a ti-fighter and an at-at walker thing. Oh and all the mini characters which you can put in the various toys and play with 😆

thebunk

_tom_ – Member
    I found a box of old Star Wars toys in the loft the other day. Anyone want to buy them? I have no idea how much they’re worth.

I’ve been saving my pocket money for 33 and a half years for this moment.

£10?

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve been saving my pocket money for 33 and a half years for this moment.

8) sadly I think the box would cost more than a tenner to post, it’s quite heavy.

DezB
    Free Member

My kid would love them. Yes MY KID, ok?

philconsequence
    Free Member

_tom_ – if you’re not attached to the toys and not looking to make a quick buck have you thought about auctioning them for the bullheart charity?

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds like a good idea Phil, how do I do that then?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Bringing together this thread with the one about MW3

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=4rSI4CJaZBs[/video]

philconsequence
    Free Member

well DezzyB did a ‘buy an online raffle ticket’ type idea, but if it were me and it being potentially pricey items you’ve got in that box… i’d do some research into how much its all worth, then sell it… take the postage costs out and donate the rest to bullheart 🙂

i’m sure he’d be appreciative of a 20p donation if you decided to sell it all for personal profit in the end. sorry for putting the charity thing on you dude… kinda typed it out and clicked send without thinking, should’ve emailed!

_tom_
    Free Member

haha no worries Phil, I could do with some money now (only working 12hrs a week sucks) but I don’t mind donating to good causes 🙂 I doubt they’re worth much though, they’re not original 70s toys (I’m too young for that) and I chucked away all the packaging!

kennyp
    Free Member

I’m 47 and still aspire to having a model train set in my attic.

langylad
    Free Member

When driving the police van on nights some years ago, we didn’t have the new ‘american’ style siren at the time, so i would occasionally whistle it through the loud speaker when attending emergencies

Sandwich

When driving the shopping R-Plate 1 litre Micra I sing the Professionals theme tune.

Hanky

I’m a 41yo professional, and sometimes make myself Nutella sandwiches in the office…

nealglover
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    When driving through here, I always do.

That’s fine.

But don’t apply the same principle when driving through Here !

morgs
    Free Member

I GOT ONE!!!

1)find ‘the greatest war themes’ cd
    2)play 633 squadron at full blast
    3)take corners a touch too quickly
    4)lean into the steering wheel when you corner
    5)make machine gun / bomb dropping noises
    6)play the dambusters march
    7)repeat steps 3-5
    8)play ride of the valkyries
    9)repeat steps 3-5 with the additional vocalisations of helicopter rotors.

i just wish I had some biggles goggles to go with it

gordimhor

Grow up ffs…..WHY ❓

Karinofnine

and, when I take my dog out on misty nights, I turn my torch on, the beam picks up the mist, and I make light sabre noises. I invite my dog to have a light sabre fight with me. Sadly, she doesn’t have a torch because dogs don’t have opposing thumbs 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

just wish I had some biggles goggles

😳

bigthunder
    Free Member

I still enjoy a game of “pull my finger” and cheering at fire engines when they go past with lights and sirens going. I also fart in my little howff at work and shout to one of the guys to come in. When they appear I ask can you smell burning? And the first thing they do is have a good sniff. Second is to swear at me. Im 40 – physically.

bigthunder
    Free Member

I also get a great laff dressing the dog up in stupid outfits. My favourite is his dracula outfit. He looks pretty funny with my full facer on as well. Another thing that amuses me no end but hacks off mrs bt is when you are waiting to turn right on the road and a car coming the other way stops to let you turn. Instead of the usual happy wee thank you wave a good flick of the vees just cracks me up! Singing pump up the jam while railing it down caddon bank is pretty good as well.

morgs
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    just wish I had some biggles goggles 😳

if you have some, you’re my hero.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I find myself doing a lot of the above, my main ones are probably…

– I can’t look into a mirror, when alone, without pulliong a scarey face and growling.

– My sister in law and I always great each other with chicken noises (She’s 10 years older than me)

– If I find and “Smart” biscuits or treats in the cupboard at night I tend to whoop and holla whilst jumping up and down.

– Whilst waiting for the kettle to boil at work I always tap dance (I can’t tap dance)

– I ALWAYS shout my kids and when they answer say “Stinks”. I’ve done this since before they could speak and would would wait until they looked at me before replying.
    I have had to adapt this a little though as they were getting wise to it. Now I occasionaly respond with “Love You”. This makes them smile and means they always respond, even though I say “Stnks” 95% of the time.

_tom_
    Free Member

Had to tell a customer today that I couldn’t find her rug in the warehouse. Probably not the best choice of words but we both laughed 😆 Oh and I may or may not have played with a lightsabre toy when picking it.

Coyote
    Free Member

Ooh, ooh, ooh. Found another one. Driving down the A19 tonight and there are no street lights, yeah? Turn down the dashboard lights as low as they will go and suddenly my black Volvo is in full “stealth mode”.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bow down before me, morgs…..

morgs
    Free Member

Bow down before me, morgs…..

CFH – ok, a hero yes….the ability to make me your sexual play thing…..i don’t think so 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cheeky!

stewartc
    Free Member

Lots of entries so this may have been done….

I am 40, but when I walk through automatic sliding doors I still wave my hand in front of me like its my Jedi powers making it happen.

bampot
    Free Member

Still snigger when I see “Cat Boarding” billboards/signs. I really want to give catboarding a go. Surely as much fun as shopping trolleys?

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-7Yxel2gHM&feature=related[/video]

wingnuts

When the kids were younger (8/10ish) I’d get them to direct us home in the car. I’d go exactly the opposite to what they said. Used to wind them up a treat. Daughter soon sorted it out though and has fabulous sense of direction. Son hit me and after he was 12 it hurt too much. He also prefers to drive me now. Never bothered with directionally challenged missus.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Cullen, you even act like a boss from time to time. “martin,you are sacked!”

just like saying it… it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

mattp
    Free Member

thanks guys – after a rubbish week this has cheered me up no end…

Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘Grow up FFS’ is closed to new replies.