Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Group Ride – Where To Go?
  • wheelz
    Free Member

I've got to organise a three-day group ride somewhere in the UK for about ten people, all of whom have been mountain biking before.

The idea is to do a bit of team building over three days. People will be travelling from all over the UK to attend, so we're looking at Wales, the Lakes, Seven Stanes and the West Highland Way at the moment.

We'd be looking to do plenty of mountain biking during the day and then have a few 'team building' beers in the evening, so a central location for accommodation would be good.

Anyone have any suggestions before I start searching the Internerd?

stumpyjon

Thought of Afan? Several days worth of riding, mountain biking friendly accomodation, beer a the drop off cafe at Glycorrwg. I'd steer clear of the local pubs though.

keepitattached
    Free Member
    uplink
    Free Member

The Dales Biking centre would be worth looking at

br
    Free Member

Peebles.

Glentress and Innerleithen within riding, plus the Border Hills for more riding – also SUW.

crikey
    Free Member

+1 for Peebles.

Day one Red route at Glentress in the afternoon; gives people a chance to get up there, get settled in whatever accomodation you decide on.

Day two Black route at Glentress, take all day over it.

Day three Traquair XC at Innerleithen in the morning, then an option of another GT Red for those who want to.

Loads of accomodation options too..

johnikgriff
    Free Member

+1 peebles

radoggair
    Free Member

Day two Black route at Glentress, take all day over it.

Beware alot of black route is closed just now

You could always try dumbfries, sorry dumfries. You have a town centre for drinks, Ae, mabie, dalbeattie, kirro (40 mins) and drumlanrig (40mins) for trail centre choice. and some friendly sheep for after hours activities 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Group Ride – Where To Go?’ is closed to new replies.