Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Grizedale ride pics
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member
    lowey

Great Pics as ever Simon. Is Mags ok ? that looked a nasty fall.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Is Mags ok ?

she was able to ride on once she'd collected her wits, though she had some grazes, and probably bruises too once they've developed. And she was doing so well riding the rocks!

mick_r

Hi Mr Barnes

We met up at the fox – lovely day to be out.

Did you feel the bad vibes from 2 little boys? "Dad, can you ask those grown ups to get off the fox so we can play?" 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We met up at the fox

Ah, so now I know who you are 🙂

Did you feel the bad vibes from 2 little boys?

not all, but we would have been happy to move, once we'd finished playing :o)

Wiksey
    Free Member

There were a whole load of us up there on Saturday too doing various different routes – cracking day & coun't believe how good the weather was.

Your route map thingy doesn't seem to want to display on my pc here at work, any chance of a brief join the dots type description? Ta

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Your route map thingy doesn't seem to want to display on my pc here at work

it needs Javascript, and it loads the maps cross-site from OS

Bogle Crag, Breasty Haw crest, Bleaberry Hill, Long Slack (the Gap), Esthwiate Water, 4×4 track (Fox road), The Fox, Moor Top, Top X-roads (near top of Lawson park), Titty's track (towards VC), Scale Green Intake, Mustard Hill, Moor Lane, Satterthwaite, Bogle Crag

Wiksey
    Free Member

Thnaks Simon.
    I was thinking that some of those pics looked familiar. I had often wondered where it was you refered to as "Titty's track" but it's all become clear now.
    We did: Ambleside, Loughrigg Terrace, Elterwater, Howe Banks, Little Langdale, High Tilberthwaite, Coniston (Black Bull), Low Yewdale, How Head, Lawson Park, The Park, Low Parkamoor, Seven Wells, Moor Lane, Satterthwaite (Eagles Head), Sawry Bridge, forest road to the sort BW before Moor Top and the permissive BW into the back of Hawkshead, Outgate, Spicka Coppice, Randy Pike and then road back to Ambleside (The Golden Rule)

mick_r

Mrs did Moor Top-Parkamoor-Satterthwaite then a quick lap of NFT whilst I was out with the boys.

Then did a swap and I just did 1st half NFT-Parkamoor-Satterthwaite-back up to top then down white road to VC (last bit to VC is part of Titties track I guess?). I wanted to include Brantwood and Lawson park climb before Parkamoor but cut it short to prevent kids freezing on the playground when sun dropped. I think I heard you lot coming down to VC as I was going up the field.

Will be much easier when the little one grows another inch and can ride big bro's (geared down) Islabike. Won't need the tow rope for his singlespeed on hills! He did manage the new BW after the Fox (not bad for a 5 year old) 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I had often wondered where it was you refered to as "Titty's track" but it's all become clear now.

the first time I rode it I got a flat 2/3rds down, and as I fixed it a passing old lady called to her tiny, kickable dog "Titty, Titty, come away from those rough bikers! You shouldn't be here you know!" (it's a bridleway)

and then road back to Ambleside

200m past the Drunken Duck turning there's a FP on the right which drops to cross the road and runs beside the road all the way to Brathay Hall http://www.bogtrotters.org/maptest.php?jumpto=336215,502360,7

Kit
    Free Member

Where Mags fell, didn't you get a photo of me nearly over the bars in the same spot?

And more of Elsa please 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Where Mags fell, didn't you get a photo of me nearly over the bars in the same spot?

if you mean this:

then no, that's Rock & Roll 🙂

I can only find 4 rides with you, Rivi * 2, High St. & the Tour of Coniston with DGOAB

Kit
    Free Member

Aye that's the one. Looks the same place! Clearly not though I guess.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Clearly not though I guess.

no, it's about 2 miles away from the other, here

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale ride pics’ is closed to new replies.