Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Grizedale Easy Rides
  • MartinGT
    Free Member

Guys

My gfriend has just bought a mountain bike and I want to start her off on an easy ride. Now, for me I would think TNF is easy but for her its prob not. Does Grizedale have a green route or blue route?

I want to get her biking more or less on fireroads to start with and take it from there.

If so, does anyone have a link to a map? I can only find the one here and its a bit naff

TIA

grumm
    Free Member

The other marked routes are just fire roads – not sure about a map.

Whinlatter has a really fun blue route – my gf is a relative novice and she really likes it. I took some beginners on it and they found it challenging but fun.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I want to get her biking more or less on fireroads to start with and take it from there.

from my experience with newbies (about 350 beginner rides) I'd suggest riding fire roads would be so dull she'd lose interest. The NFT is ideal for novices, apart form a couple of scary bits on the first section where there's quite a big drop to the left of the track where they might choose to walk. Having said that, I rarely use it as people enjoy the BWs more 🙂

boxelder

Why not take her on 'normal' trails around Little Langdale/Windermere – varied surfaces, let her get used to a variety. There'll be more of interest along the route too. My Mrs wants to see nice buildings etc when cycling.
    The NE half of this maybe?

grumm
    Free Member

Loughrigg Fell/Terrace from Ambleside would be a nice non-technical route as well with some cracking views.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Cheers for the input, ill have a look at those. 🙂

splatz
    Free Member

Go ride in the woods at Tilberthwaite/Little Langdale and back past Hodge Close and the slate shute or the flat track from Skelwith Bridge to Elterwater. Also recommend the blue route at Whinlatter or go up to Mabie Forest for a day out……blue and green routes there.

Simon is right…..fire tracks are dull and if it's dull it's dull!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale Easy Rides’ is closed to new replies.