Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Grips – what are you using?
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Lizard Skin peaty’s are good.

GW
    Free Member

Well, there seems to be a consensus emerging.

Agreed, the average STW dweller is a sheep who simply can’t wait to jump on whatever latest kit is praised in the Forum.

K

Sunline Logo lock on Thick are my current favourite

pickle
    Free Member

Kona Jack Sh*t ones……always liked em but they are a bit hard going on gloves.

neninja
    Free Member

Another ESI chunky user here – best I’ve tried for comfort and seem to last well.

kevin1911

Agreed, the average STW dweller is a sheep who simply can’t wait to jump on whatever latest kit is praised in the Forum.

That’s a bit harsh. Not sure if I missed a smiley in there. If a number of people use them and find them comfy enough to recommend them, then why shouldn’t other people try them out.

I will of course make up my own mind whether I like them or not when they arrive. 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

If you need comfort at the grips you’re simply soft.

I like fat, knobbly grips because I find I can keep a looser hold on them.

It’s not primarily a comfort thing, altough that does follow.

GW
    Free Member

I’m able to hold narrower grips looser without getting my hands blown off them than fatter ones.

That’s a bit harsh. Not sure if I missed a smiley in there.

if you need to see a smiley on a statement you don’t agree with you are soft.

If a number of people use them and find them comfy enough to recommend them, then why shouldn’t other people try them out.

I will of course make up my own mind whether I like them or not when they arrive. and repeat for every product praised on here? Baaa. (oh, nearly forgot.. 😉 )

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I use Ragley Lock-Ons – bloody rubbish. About as grippy as spreading jam on my bars. Will be binning them shortly and going back to what I know – something fat and squishy from ODI.

DezB
    Free Member

These are my favourite grips. I’ve tried loads, these are even more comfortable without gloves. Perfect shape, tackiness and thickness

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=hgsa-lobo-jdf

kiwijohn

Odyssey Keyboards on 2 bikes. I like bright colours.
    CB Cobalts on the race bike. Think I prefer the Ritchey foam ones I took off.
    ODI Tomacs on the old skool Salsa.

Luminous
    Free Member

ODI lock ons, cross trainers.

They’re good, as far as grips go, imo.

🙂

bent_udder
    Free Member

Bonty Race Lite lock ons in black. I don’t get on with grips that have lock-ons at the outer end – they numb my hand – so these are perfect. Very happy until I tried ESIs. I’m now running a pair of each, and the ESIs are, I have to say, awesome. Very, very comfortable. I got the thinner version, and they are excellent – currently running these on a rigid singlespeed, and they are a lot more comfortable than the race lites they replaced. No throttle grip yet, either.

curlie467
    Free Member

Sunline lock-on thicks here, used them for a while but my hands have been aching a lot lately so might have a change for some thinner just foam grips.

HarYuken
    Free Member

+1 for ESI Chunky – on both my bikes.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Of all the ones I’ve tried, Oury lock-ons are the most chunky.

The only problem is the lock-on version is only available in black. 🙁

grizzer
    Free Member

oury lock on’s stick icky icky…

oxym0r0n

Race Face Good & Evil are great – no need for lock on – mine have never slipped…

Wally

another ESI convert. Amazing grips.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Will ODI X trainers fit onto Ruffian collars?

mboy
    Free Member

will try the Bontrager’s after that if no joy.

Those Bontrager grips are mega thin, thinner than an ODI Ruffian iirc! If you want fat grips, then you need to look elsewhere…

Sunline Thick’s are about the fattest I’ve come across, felt too fat even for my tastes.

SamB
    Free Member

Intense branded lock-ons here – they’ve got a nice 3/4 flange on the inside to park your hand up against. Lovely.

ton

Ergons for me
    got a fused right wrist and cant grip normal grips.

Lifer
    Free Member

Lizard Skins Charger Lock ons

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I really liked the On-One Bob On grips that I had on my old bike. Very similar to the old Charge ones that I have on my 456. Didn’t like the newer, slimmer Charge ones.

colournoise

ODI Ruffian lock-ons
    Lizard Skins Peaty lock-ons

slainte 😀 rob

hambl90
    Free Member

Superstar lockons are one of the best I’ve ever used .

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Grips – what are you using?’ is closed to new replies.