Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Grips that are like foam grips but aren't foam grips?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

As title really.

Had a set of ESI chunkys, great, love how soft they are, light, nice colour etc. But they ripped really easily, probably mainly because I put the bike upside down when putting the wheels on.

So, any recommendations for similar grips, but ones which ideally use lock on collars?

Ta, Duane

(and no, I won’t stop putting my bike upside down 😛 )

sofaking
    Free Member

stick with esi and be a bit more careful where you put your bike upside down, or take a mat out with you 😀

Duane…
    Free Member

Very tempted to (apart from the mat bit 😛 ) but I was genuinely surprised by how quickly they ripped, and then of course once they have ripped a little they tear inwards even quicker.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Odi Cush

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve found lock-on foam grips to be some of the worst I’ve ever used (of any kind of grip). Because of the plastic sleeves in lock-ons, there’s almost no padding at all and this also leads them to fall apart at the slightest hint of a rip.

To put it more concisely: what sofaking said.

ton

loads of cheap ones on crc, made by ritchey or wtb.
    buy a couple of pairs to find your faves.

Aidan
    Free Member

Put your gloves over your grips before you turn your bike over.

wwaswas

errm keep your bike the right way up when putting the wheels on it?

Martin.B
    Free Member

I luv’s my Cork grips (like foams bit they last!
    Get them from ‘Billys’ 😉

monkeyboyjc

i’ve been running a set of Richey Truegrip foam lockons for over a year with no problems.

p7rich
    Free Member

These are excellent:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=33270

I have them on all my bikes. The grippy bit is soft rubber and is wonderfully tactile. Not too thick or thin.

p7rich
    Free Member

oh…and seem very durable. One set is at least 18 months old, get ridden every week, and are only just starting to sort of delaminate at the outside edge near the collar.

ruscle
    Free Member

Crankbrothers do a nice lock on foam grip, had mine 8 months and still like new. Think their called cobalt.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Grips that are like foam grips but aren't foam grips?’ is closed to new replies.