Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Grips advice – cheap ones any good vs my fave odis?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Hi all,

Am in need of new grips for my main n my spare bike… usually like odi rogues / ruffians but I am interested in trying say clarks or cheaper ebay seller ones as 20quid on grips seems a lot of cash nowadays !

Are the cheaper ones any good or a false economy?

Views pkease

cheers

paul

weeksy

I love the ones that come on Giants, like a wavey pattern on them, really nice. Last well, feel great. Plenty of people remove off new bikes etc and flog on ebay.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Cheap is Superstar. They’re good grips and replacement cartridges are cheap also.

The downside is the rubber wears fast. I go through cartridges every 6 months or so. Still, the cartridges are £5.

How long do ODI last usually? If they don’t last longer than a couple of years then not really any better value than replacing cartridges twice a year. Of course replacing cartridges is minor hassle, but you do get Haribo with the order 😀

z1ppy

Seen SSC grips die (wear out) in no time.. I have worn out ODI’s, but it took ages (years not months ala SSC). Also really didn’t like the feel of the grip material used on the SSC’s

nemesis
    Free Member

Superstar Excel for me – nice and big but even with the lockrings are only a tenner. Oh and you get lots of colours to choose from 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Grips advice – cheap ones any good vs my fave odis?’ is closed to new replies.