Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Grindelwald?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’m in Grindelwald with my bike. Seems to be a lack of proper MTB trails. Any suggestions? Especially a route down towards Interlaken.

beanum

I’ve never done it but there is a route. It may be chock full of numpties on trotti bikes though…

This might help?
    SwissMobility (Mountainbikeland)

thedobbster
    Free Member

I used to go to grindelwald a lot in summer hiking, not been for a few years, but I always dream of getting last train to kleine scheidegg (to avoid masses of walkers) ride up to eigergletscher and follow eiger trail singketrack all way back to brandalm I think it was.

Other one I thought about was bike up on gondola to first, hike a bike all way over faulhorn, then continue to schynigge platte and find a gnarly steep trail down to wilderswill.

Mainlichen to Wengen and down to lauterbrunnen?

Hmm I want to go back now and find some trails! Love that place especially onkel tom’s pizzeria!

Let me know if you ride any of above, may be utter rubbish mind!

sparkerfix

On our last day of our Crans Montana-Interlaken trip we rode up to Kleine Scheideg (yes rode!!) and had a guided descent back to Grindelwald. Not sure if ice got a gps of it though. I’ll search in a bit when I get to my laptop.

manvstarmac

Used to live in Gwd and cycled to work in Kleine Scheidegg a fair few times, but took my bike on the train much more.

To answer the OP, heading down to Interlaken on the marked trail is a combo of jeep tracks and tarmac lanes. Very pretty, but not singletrack. Most singletrack in that area is absolutely full of hikers in the summer from dawn to dusk.

Also lived in Zermatt which was a much better valley to ride singletrack.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Yep, walked the Eiger trail today, that would be a good ride.

Other stuff seems to be tarmac routes aimed at ebike and mainly climbing. Plus the numpty scooters obviously.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Grindelwald?’ is closed to new replies.