Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • grey squirrels for sale
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

so it said on a sign at the market today, and they were. Skinned and wrapped on a polystyrene tray, for £2.25. The stall had sold 11, and had one left.

I’ve not seen this before, and find it…… not quite right. Like living in a scifi film, in an underground city, where people stand round and cook rats on braziers.

So, anyone eaten squirrel? What are they like? Shall I try one? Is this the end of civilisation, or absolutely fine?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

**** lovely stuff!

Thoroughly the best thing to do with the little buggers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Salisbury market? Excellent! In the farmers market type section up in the corner by where Oddbins used to be?

I try and bag a few greys to have for BBQ season. Tasty eating, easy shooting! Plus it’s great shock value! “You eat squirrels????”

Kill it and grill it!

bassspine
    Free Member

A bit like chicken with a nutty aftertaste 😀

Oxboy
    Free Member

Well if you shoot it you gotta eat it. Its vandalism otherwise.
    I’d be tempted to try it, nowt wrong with it, free range, organic, low fat.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Never had squirrel although a mate of mine is quite into casseroling them. Wood Pigeon is nice and bunny is ok too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Killing vermin isn’t vandalism.

Pigeon is indeed lovely eating, as is bunny wabbits!

chewkw
    Free Member

They are lovely but I have only eaten black squirrels though and they are bigger than grey ones. Taste better than rabbit put it this way.

£2.2! FFS! That’s expensive. £1.50 is better.

joe1983
    Free Member

Never had squirrel, love me rabbits though

winstonsmith

how many people will a squirrel feed?

JulianA
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Pigeon is indeed lovely eating, as is bunny wabbits!

No probs with eating rabbit per se, just not too sure about the mixy thing: how can you be sure?

Mixed plurals, CFH? most unlike your usual posts!

scaredypants

Not sure the mixy thing is any concern to humans

… eating squirrrrrl brains, on the other hand is bad news (in kentucky at least)

timber

take as many of the things you want from any of our woods, munching bloody everything, ruining my oaks and taking all the seed source

dark and gamey with Lamb like hints

chewkw
    Free Member

I would eat squirrel anytime than beef or lamb.

Anna-B
    Free Member

It did occur to me that £2.25 was a lot for a squirrel. They are pretty puny looking, and not sure if one would be enough for two people. Nutty chicken…. gamey with lamb like hints…. actually sounds pretty tasty.

Captain it was J & J Longley opposite Pizza Express that were selling them. Would you consider shooting a couple for me when you’re out bagging your BBQ meat? I’d be more than happy to pop along to wherever you were to pick them. I would make a cake of your choosing in return.

Nobby

I really liked it when I tried it. There’s a few restaurants up in London Town making a big deal out of having squirrel on the menu & there was an article in the Times a while back which showed them as the healthiest meat readily available in the UK.

Tasted somewhere between rabbit & bambi.

JonBurns
    Free Member

My recently retired father-in-law is currently spending his time poppin a cap in the little blighters who even dare make a move for his bird feeders.

Don’t think he’s cooking them yet but he’s certainly drying out their tales to make fishing flies.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘grey squirrels for sale’ is closed to new replies.