Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Greenland
  • stevemakin

Has anyone ridden here ?, anything to say about this place ?

TheDTs
    Free Member

Only that I would rather take my skis than a bike (If i was given the opportunity to do either)
    It’s on my list of places to visit.

nedrapier

Fatbike would be the tool for sure. I think a few people have taken bikes, I’ve got a half remembered photo in my head. Of someone carrying their bike, I think!

Speak to Paul Walker at Tangent Expeditions if you’re interested in East Greenland. They organised the logistics for our camping/splitboarding trip.

nedrapier

a visitor:

Packing up, you can see the last lines of the trip coming out of the bottom of the slide in the background if you squint/tilt your screen:

nicko74

here

Damn, I’m jealous…

nedrapier

I had a scoot round on youtoob last night. There’s certainly some good riding to be had that isn’t hike-a-bike bog trotting.

And what do you know, Paul Walker’s got something in the pipeline anyway: http://www.climbgreenland.com/index.php?id=1864

kcal

blimey!

stevemakin

thanks for the info chaps, looks daunting 🙂

nedrapier

Have you got something in mind, Steve, or are you just curious? From what I’ve seen, the west of Greenland is prettier. Harder to get to from here, though. I think I’d go to Iceland if I wanted some Far North wilderness biking, though.

stevemakin

Iceland in August, just thinking about something different for next year and Greenland came up in conversation, that trip looks good though 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Greenland’ is closed to new replies.