Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Greenhouses?
  • MTT
    Free Member

I need one.

Can anyone shed 😉 any of their wisdom with regard to greenhouses. Anything i should know? things to avoid? Best places to get one? Size? Vent openings?

All produce will be grown from bags or containers within the greenhouse, it will be set on gravel (chunky stuff) and postcrete’d in, so i am thinking of something with a rigid base.

All advice is welcome, as are pictures.

mrmojo
    Free Member

Your going to grow your on hash admit it ?

aw
    Free Member

go for 6′ x 8′ for a reasonable size.

look on eBay there maybe a cheap second hand one in your area you can pick for next to nothing.

new ones are expensive so also try the freeads etc…

I would go for a gravel base so you can re-site easily if necessary.

Place in full sun (obvious) and try to align the g/house (damm I have forgotten) I think north-south but in reality you may not have a chice of facing in any case.

go for as many vents and opening windows as possible.

You will need bubble wrap insulation for the winter (if you are growing in winter) and shading using green netting or shading wash (applied to glass) in the summer

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

Robinsons make some of the best greenhouses, well built nice looking but pricey, you do need plenty of slats and some auto openers to avoid cooking, try hard to run water and electric in when you first set it up – 4 years on I have a hosepipe across the garden and an extension lead (eek) it looks a mess and is a pain

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Got mine from Freecycle.co.uk Had to take it down and remove it from the garden of the guy giving it away, but other than that it was free. Just go onto your nearest group and do a “wanted” ad.

MrNutt
    Free Member

why not start with a polytunnel? if they don’t work you can always use the sheeting to bag up the bodies with

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Greenhouses?’ is closed to new replies.