Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Green Man festival in 1 week – hints and tips?
  • BlobOnAStick

Hi folks,

In a week’s time the family and I will be at the Green Man festival. We are by no means festival noobies, but it’ll be our first time there. Kids are 14 & 15 so don’t really need to know about children’s activities but any hints or tips that might help out visit go that little bit better would be much appreciated!

Looking forward to seeing the bands of course, but wondering how feasible it is to get off site in the mornings to do a bit of mountain rambling (not taking the bikes unless someone tells me that they’ll be safe somewhere…?)

Ta muchly!

innit_gareth
    Free Member

Kids will have a great time – Its a pretty safe festival with a good vibe. Not too packed and easy to get around – particularly if dry (fingers crossed). I’ve stewarded a few times. The kids may well hook up with others of a similar age and you won’t see them again.

Personally I normally head to Chai Wallahs for a bit more upbeat music.

Surroundings are stunning, keep meaning to take a hardtail for a bit of an excursion in the morning. I’d leave it in the van over the course of the festival. However with 2 young ‘uns that ain’t going to happen any time soon.

Take plenty of cash – the food is great but soon adds up. The real ales are pretty good as well.

BlobOnAStick

Oops! Posted this hours ago and then got very busy at work…..

Thanks for the response.

Previously we’ve relied on food from the stands at the festival, but this time I think we’re going to try a take some food and cook it at the tent. Hopefully this is feasible, I guess it depends on how far the car is from the campsite. We’re in the blue carpark – any idea how far to where we might sensibly camp it might be?

I could take a couple of bikes and lock them into car once the camping stuff is taken out, but I just think that the gaff will not be worth it.

CountZero

Going to be there for the first time this year, great line-up, really looking forward to it, it has a great reputation.

ourmaninthenorth

Never been, though did once arrive at Glanusk as everyone was leaving (friend got married there and Mrs North and I stayed in Iona Legge-Bourke’s spare room). My friend was rather in awe of their being aristos but, like CFH, I’ve had the training….

timber

Normally loads of people wandering along the main road to and from Crickhowell. Don’t, it is a main road where two lorries can only just pass.
    The Brecon and Monmouthshire canal runs the other side of the site. If you take the bike, it’s only a short spin to the cafe at Talybont shop for a decent breakfast.
    Crug Hywel opposite the site is a good walk, old hill fort, old quarry, a view to the Black Mountains and all the local riding I should really be exploring.

Edit: as festival sites go, it’s relatively compact, so never really more than 10 minutes walk from anywhere else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Green Man festival in 1 week – hints and tips?’ is closed to new replies.